Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Filter

Options
  • 14-06-2011 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭

Every month or two the filter that has my phone and broadband connected through it has to be replaced, when the phone rings the DSL drops. Every time I ring up they send out a new filter but none of them can tell me why it happens, I never really have any problem with the phone line itself. When the new filter goes in the problem is solved. What should I do?!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Have you a DECT and is it a Siemens ??

If not a DECT what is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭royaler83

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Have you a DECT and is it a Siemens ??

If not a DECT what is it?

Don't know what a DECT is, sorry. Have an eircom modem via a phone socket and filter.

Just googled it there, a cordless phone you mean?! Yea have 1 and it is siemens and a landline aswell.

royaler83 wrote: »
    Yea have 1 and it is siemens and a landline aswell.
    Thought so, came across a siemens that used to blow filters once, think it supported landline sms or something. Normally it is lightning, not the phone itself.

Thought so, came across a siemens that used to blow filters once, think it supported landline sms or something. Normally it is lightning, not the phone itself.

Any way around it apart from changing the cordless?

Did you buy it in Argos or Currys and did it come with a white UK cable with irish adapter , is there a bulge in the cable ( inline the cable...like an egg shape) .

• Advertisement

Did you buy it in Argos or Currys and did it come with a white UK cable with irish adapter , is there a bulge in the cable ( inline the cable...like an egg shape) .

Came from eircom I think cos we changed package. Cable seems just like a standard one

Thats OK so, just the Irish plugs at either end.

The phone is probably discharging a capacitor back down the line and blowing your filter. If in warranty get rid of it back to eircom.

Buy a Panasonic DECT phone next time :)

Thats OK so, just the Irish plugs at either end.

The phone is probably discharging a capacitor back down the line and blowing your filter. If in warranty get rid of it back to eircom.

Buy a Panasonic DECT phone next time :)

Dead on fair play to you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

royaler83 wrote: »
    Dead on fair play to you

Hi royaler83,

Seen your post. If you need help with your eircom phone /or need assistance to return this /or need a replacement adsl splitter or filters - just PM me and let me know your eircom Account number or home phone number.

All the best,
    Ant

Hi royaler83,

Seen your post. If you need help with your eircom phone /or need assistance to return this /or need a replacement adsl splitter or filters - just PM me and let me know your eircom Account number or home phone number.

All the best,
    Ant

PM sent :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement