Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which is the least evil of all takeaways?

Options
  • 14-06-2011 8:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭

I'm starving and lazy!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭TommyTippee

Lamb shish kebab is supposed to be one of the healthiest takeaways you can get.

Grilled lamb, raw vegetables and pitta bread.....all good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Tandoori chicken too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭brick tamland

i read somewhere that chow mein is one of the least bad for you, but obviously

a) depends on where its from
    b) portion size
    c) it could be complete b****x

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I've always thought that chow mein is the one with the least fat. Indian food in a sauce tends to be really high in fat and calories.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,420 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Lamb shish kebab is supposed to be one of the healthiest takeaways you can get.

Grilled lamb, raw vegetables and pitta bread.....all good stuff.
    but less healthy it becomes when the meat is poor and very fatty, the the whole thing is drenched in creamy sauces
    I've always thought that chow mein is the one with the least fat. Indian food in a sauce tends to be really high in fat and calories.
    Chow mein is normally one of the better ones as it comes in a single tray od noodles, meat and sauce. Instead on one tray of rice/noodle and another of sauce and meat

Indian currys tend to be high in oils, but tandori as mentioned above is a dry dish so no oily sauce.

Some thai dishs can be quite good. They tend to be ones that are based on light sauces and chillis rather than coconut milk/cream

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

pan fried noodles (chow mein) are pretty evil tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

sandwhich in spar or salid bowl from lidl aldi.....

You can toast the sambo if you want hot food.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,551 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Beshoffs do a low cal fish and chips claim to be only 450 cal or something like that

• Registered Users Posts: 39,420 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

ted1 wrote: »
    Beshoffs do a low cal fish and chips claim to be only 450 cal or something like that
    Skeptical, unless its a tiny portion

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

Sushi :-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement