Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for furniture repairs for a bed.

Options
  • 14-06-2011 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

The place I'm in at the moment has a bed and at the top right corner, the means of latching the side board to the headboard is a L shaped piece of metal but the weight of the headboard pulls it down and they break. I have a box and a book supporting the weight and it's there fine there but I'd like to know if anyone out there knows a decent guy who could help reinforce it from the Cork city area. I would assume a bit of wood and some nails could be used but this sort of thing is far from my area of expertise and I'd rather someone who knows what they're doing could take a look at it because I'd probably just make it a whole lot worse.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Screw the head board to the wall?

Use plugs:D

And i assume the metal brackets are not breaking,its just the screws are pulled out from the weight?

Try moving the bracket up or down a bit and put in new screws into new holes

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Chaos Marine

I can just imagine the property damage from me trying that. I can build you a computer in no time flat but just holding a hammer... If I don't break a finger or three (again) or stab myself with a nail (again) I'll accept there is a god.

Advertisement