Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eircom Netopia Problem

• 14-06-2011 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi All.

Home PC had a 'blue screen' problem a while back. I tried everything but ended up running the DELL rescue DVD. THis re-installed the windows but now the Netopia won't connect.

The router is working all right because I can get a wireless signal on a laptop. Everything is working at the router end but the desktop can't see the router to connect to the internet. There's nothing showing in the control panel. I tried running the Eircom disk, uninstalling the drivers etc but it still shows as not being able to access the Gateway.

Doing my head in. It's probably simple fix but not to me at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭TheBoffin

Hi,

It sounds like one of 2 issues

(1) Does your wireless card on the laptop have a FN key to enable/disable the wireless facility. If you have a FN key located somewhere near the bottom of the keyboard, pay attention to the F keys on top as some of them might have small pictures, of which one could be your Wifi. If so press FN and that key to enable it

(2) It is possible you do not have the drivers for your Wifi card installed. It is unusual that a recovery disk would not have this pre-loaded unless it is not the disk for your computer. Another possibility is that you are using an external usb wifi adapter, in which case you must install the drivers for that either from CD or download from the manufacturers website.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 doie

Thanks Mr Boffin.

I presume, since the desktop is connected by cable to the router, that its the driver(s) that are missing. But should the Eircom installation CD not take care of this?

Is it just a seach for teh Netopia drivers on the net

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭TheBoffin

Hi,

The netopia/eircom disk will not have the drivers for your wireless card unless the card has been provided by Eircom and it is a netopia brand.

Note when I say card, I refer to a device plugged into your laptop.

If you have a USB wireless card, you must obtain the drivers from the manufacturer.

If the card is internal in the laptop then you may need to visit the Dell website, click on support and enter your system/service tag to obtain the correct drever download.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭ArtyM

If you are connecting the pc via cable then the relevant drivers are the ethernet ones - for your network card. In device manager what is listed under network controllers?
    If there is no ethernet card listed there you need to install the drivers - this would solve your problem.
    Drivers would be available from the dell website - download them on the laptop and copy them over to the desktop.

Advertisement