Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ginger nut biscuits

Options
  • 14-06-2011 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭

hey,
    has anyone got a tried and tested recipe for these biscuits? would love to get a good recipe for them.
    thanks,
    Musical.x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

Possibly my favourite biscuits EVER!!!
    50g Butter
    4 tbsp Golden Syrup
    50g soft brown sugar
    175g Self-raising flour
    1 tsp ground ginger(or 2 tsp if you love Ginger like me!!)

Preheat your oven to Gas 5/190C. Heat the butter, sugar and syrup in a saucepan until the sugar disolves and then sift in the flour and ground ginger. Stir it well and then shape into small balls, about the size of a walnut or large marble.(wet your hands while you do that or the mix will stick as it is quite wet) Space the balls out well on a baking sheet, and flatten slightly, they will spread more while cooking, and bake in the centre of the oven for about 15-20 minutes.

I do mine in three batches, as they cook better in the middle of the oven. If you have a fan oven you could bake them all together, but make sure to lower the temperature slightly. If you prefer chewy biscuits increase the size of the balls, but make sure to space them even more on the baking sheet as they will spread out even more. They are lovely too with some finely chopped stem ginger mixed in, and even better dipped in chocolate!!

I'm off now to make a batch :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

shinikins wrote: »
    Possibly my favourite biscuits EVER!!!
    50g Butter
    4 tbsp Golden Syrup
    50g soft brown sugar
    175g Self-raising flour
    1 tsp ground ginger(or 2 tsp if you love Ginger like me!!)

Preheat your oven to Gas 5/190C. Heat the butter, sugar and syrup in a saucepan until the sugar disolves and then sift in the flour and ground ginger. Stir it well and then shape into small balls, about the size of a walnut or large marble.(wet your hands while you do that or the mix will stick as it is quite wet) Space the balls out well on a baking sheet, and flatten slightly, they will spread more while cooking, and bake in the centre of the oven for about 15-20 minutes.

I do mine in three batches, as they cook better in the middle of the oven. If you have a fan oven you could bake them all together, but make sure to lower the temperature slightly. If you prefer chewy biscuits increase the size of the balls, but make sure to space them even more on the baking sheet as they will spread out even more. They are lovely too with some finely chopped stem ginger mixed in, and even better dipped in chocolate!!

I'm off now to make a batch :D

i now have something to do on my day off tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

those biscuits are only class!! thanks for that recipe!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

They're the business!! Glad you liked them!

Advertisement