Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using abbreviations in essays

• 14-06-2011 8:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47

Hi guys, just a simple question here. With History coming up tomorrow, I'll have an awful lot of writing to do. It gets really annoying having to write out words and names such as "Cumann na nGaedhael" over and over again, so do you any of you know if its alright to simply abbreviate it to "CnaG", if I make it clear that that's what it stands for? Or would I possibly lose marks in any way?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Hi guys, just a simple question here. With History coming up tomorrow, I'll have an awful lot of writing to do. It gets really annoying having to write out words and names such as "Cumann na nGaedhael" over and over again, so do you any of you know if its alright to simply abbreviate it to "CnaG", if I make it clear that that's what it stands for? Or would I possibly lose marks in any way?
    Thanks!

As long as you imply that's what you mean. I'd suggest writing Cummann na nGaedhael (CnaG) the first time and just CnaG then on in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47 ShonyBoulders

Alright cheers, Irish names can be such a bitch to write out, especially when you're going for 3/4+ pages. :p I'm doing the exam in Irish as well which is "fun". :pac:

Advertisement