Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* French (OL) predictions / discussion / aftermath * (1 thread only please)t?

• 14-06-2011 9:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

For those of you who are finding it hard to study, I believe that making a list of what exactly to study helps emensly. Here's a list I made out that I think could be helpful.

Comprehensions:

*Learn question phrases. (eg. Trouvez = Find, pourquoi = why, comment = how, où = where?)
    *Carefully read each question and pick out words that you know.
    *Bring a highlighter into the exam, so that you can find your answers in the text. This makes everything much simpler.

*Throughout the exam, use phrases such as:
    - Je pense que - I think...
    - à mon avis - In my opinion...
    - Je devrais dire que - I would have to say that...
    - Personnellement - Personally...

Section 2:

*If you decide to do the close text, think carefully about each word you're putting in. Don't put in words that wouldn't fit, even if you don't know them. (eg. If there is an... l'_____, you know that you're going to have to put in a word that begins with a voul. i.e argent.

*If you decide to do the alternative Q, re-cap over your oral notes. Usually the types of questions that come up here are relatively the same as what came up in the oral.

Personally, I would choose the first one. I feel it's simpler and doesn't require much study.

Message/postcard + diary/letter:

*Study verbs and tenses.
    *Learn phrases that could possibly come up in a message, postcard, diary or letter.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Not being pedantic, but everyone should note that the word for 'where' is 'où', not 'óu', and the phrase 'in my opinion' is 'à mon avis', not 'á'. Also, 'personnellement', not 'personellement'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 moviequoter

Alright thanks. I'll fix that now. Blame google translator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭PJelly

Use easy ways to get the impressive subjunctive in there too.
    Il faut que j'aille - I have to go
    At the end of a letter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Blame google translator.
    /headdesk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

That was grand :) Nice comprehensions, nice enough form and grand message/postcard.
    I thought the cloze test was a little tricky but I haven't practised them in about two months.
    Hope the aural is grand. It should be, I usually like them :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

It was a very easy test. The comperhensions were very easy, the close test was 100% and the note had nothing difficult at all. The written should of been good for anyone as it was easier than the last couple of years.

The aural was dead easy as well. There was only 2 questions in the whole aural that I'm not sure if I got right. I got the rest completely right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Spent 5 and a half years doing honours which probably benefited me somewhat but I'd be surprised, in the written and listening, if I never got an A1 out of it,
    Spoken will let me down a bit I'd say...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Gercakeage

Nice paper :D:D my diary was a bit shaky but am really happy with the rest! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

It was ok , I finished really early in the written it was ok forgot how to say a few pages answered most questions. Nearly feel asleep in the listening though,

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Bloc Party!

Anyone else out very early?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Digits

Yeah but still had to wait around for the tape. An incredibly easy exam overall. Did anyone take the full time to do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I finished at 10.45 I was the first to leave. No one else was done yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭kpac

I thought that test was one of the easiest in years. The listening was simple. I could have probably done higher, but there's just so much of a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Bloc Party!

Yeah, i left at 10 30. most people were gone by then...was a brilliant paper although some of the questions on the listining were dodgy enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Yeah i finished around 10.15/10.30...was such an easy test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭Sparkie93

that was the easiest test ever i left at 10 30 nearly all the people in my hall was doing higher and the examiner gave me a dirty look when i handed up my paper :D the listening really dragged on though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭C__

The pass paper was absolute piss. I finished all of it after 40 min including 2 extra questions. The answers for the comprehensions were basically put right before in the most basic way possible.
    It was alot easier than all previous years I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭C__

Was finished at 10 so i read over it a small bit left at 10.10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭luyolo

I could not, for the life of me, hear what that astronaut bitch was saying for the last part about what girls should ask themselves.
    On part 4 of the listening.

Advertisement