Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Axa Optional Extras for Car Insurance?

Options
  • 14-06-2011 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭

my car policy is coming up to renewnal time and AXA seem the best value for me

however i am having problems whether or not to consider adding some optional extras

i am definately having the protected no claims bonus

my question is what about legal expenses and injury to driver cover? are they necessary?

1) Legal expenses

If you are the victim of a miscarriage of justice or an uninsured driver, legal expenses cover will enable you to pursue damages.

2) Injury to Driver Cover

The cover includes a benefit of €10,000 if you or a named driver are seriously injured in a road accident and a €30,000 death benefit if you or any driver named on the policy is killed as a result of a motor accident involving your car. It also includes hospital and temporary disability benefits for you.
    A claim under any of these optional benefits will not affect your no-claim discount.

I am leaning towards not taking injury to driver cover, if i was to be injured by cause of another party, surely their insurance would cover my expenses?

I suppose it would only be if i caused an accident myself and hurt myself where it would come in beneficial?

also unsure on the legal advice one

advice welcomed
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

BArra wrote: »
    my car policy is coming up to renewnal time and AXA seem the best value for me

however i am having problems whether or not to consider adding some optional extras

i am definately having the protected no claims bonus

my question is what about legal expenses and injury to driver cover? are they necessary?

1) Legal expenses

If you are the victim of a miscarriage of justice or an uninsured driver, legal expenses cover will enable you to pursue damages.

2) Injury to Driver Cover

The cover includes a benefit of €10,000 if you or a named driver are seriously injured in a road accident and a €30,000 death benefit if you or any driver named on the policy is killed as a result of a motor accident involving your car. It also includes hospital and temporary disability benefits for you.
    A claim under any of these optional benefits will not affect your no-claim discount.

I am leaning towards not taking injury to driver cover, if i was to be injured by cause of another party, surely their insurance would cover my expenses?

I suppose it would only be if i caused an accident myself and hurt myself where it would come in beneficial?

also unsure on the legal advice one

advice welcomed

Are you taking the AXA breakdown cover, one "feature" of it is that it provides a replacement car if you have a crash, but NOT if you breakdown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 deezee

Hi Barra

I have just read your post.

I work in AXA Insurance and would be happy to help you with your query.

Would it be okay to call you to help you make the right decision. If you can Email me your phone number I can give you a call.

My email address id deirdre.turner@axa.ie.

Hope to hear from you

Advertisement