Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Labrador is losing hair

• 14-06-2011 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know why a two-year old labrador bitch might be losing clumps of hair? She now has a bald patch between the rib cage and hind leg.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Sometimes it can be hormonal. Is she due in season soon? Or has she had a change of diet recently?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭theghost

My 12 year old lab collie cross has been losing clumps of hair for the last 2 or 3 weeks. Seems to be just a very heavy moult and is easing off now. She hasn't developed a bald patch though, so maybe your dog is suffering from an allergy. Wouldn't do any harm to take her to the vet to put your mind at rest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Mines been loosing hair for weeks, always does in the hot weather, never developed an actual bald patch though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭SeanMadd

Weird, my 11 y/o black lab has been losing fur too! Although she is constantly scratching herself, and I've used a few frontline treatments which haven't worked. I gave her a bath using flea shampoo about 4 weeks ago and her fur has started growing back, but the itching hasn't stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭boardbrowser

could be a thyroid problem. Trip to vet should solve this query. ask them to check for thyroid issues.

• Advertisement
Advertisement