Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a range from the North

Options
  • 14-06-2011 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

I am doing a kitchen renovation and have been pricing the Belling 100 classic range cooker.

In Dublin it is around 1700 euro but looking online today there are 2 companies up north who will deliver identical one for 1000 euro. Both have said they come with full guarantee.

Has anyone else purchased from across the border or am I mad!:eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭mistermister

Not at all mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 rebelontour

go for it - got all our appliances and saved a lot....

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭FergusD

You don't have to go to the north to get good value. We bought all our appliances including a rangemaster locally at a better price than we could find in the north. Find a local retailer and speak to the owner about the price you have and see if they'll match it.

Fergus.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 clarsax

Saw someone selling a brand new one on done deal yesterday for €700! think a 110cm

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Any retailers down there that people would recommend?

• Advertisement

We bought off Expert electrical in Mullingar and had no problems. I'd suggest that in a lot of shops you need to speak to the owner/manager in order to get a greater discount.

Regards,

Fergus.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 sky.boy

We priced a range of electrical goods from expert in mullingar and i also priced the same stuff in armagh electrical and armagh electrical were €1000 cheaper than expert. My advise is go up north and get your stuff. RIP OF REPUBLIC alive and kicking

Go to them with your price list and see if they'll move on price. They did for us.

Regards,

Fergus.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

you won't beat dalzells in market hill for price they actually supply a lot of the shops themselves.
    only 5-10 minutes outside newry and have a fantastic selection of appliances

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭LowOdour

We got a belling range cooker from B&Q in one of their kitchen & bathroom off sales - got 20&% off so saved us around 300 - cost 1350 for a 100cm dual fuel.
    Also, check the currys.ie website...they have some deals too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭guideanna

you won't beat dalzells in market hill for price they actually supply a lot of the shops themselves.
    only 5-10 minutes outside newry and have a fantastic selection of appliances
    2nd that got all my gear off them for new kitchen delivered to dub for free and got my friends van to bring it home. Better prices!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭kizzyf

Just wondering how people are getting on with their belling dual ranges. Thinking of buying one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 rockypoint

anyone know where the best deal is to be got for a rangemaster Elan 90? power city coming in at 2120, and dalzells in armagh are 1699 sterling ubt apparently the rangemasters u buy up north are not fitted with a gas safety shut off mechanism required by law in the republic.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭BigGeorge

bought a range from watters electrical in cullaville , 20-30% cheaper than here, delivery was cheap & came with the extra kits needed

Advertisement