Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happy Hippo

Options
  • 14-06-2011 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭

The greatest sweet thing on the market at the minute,this has got me thinking.

What are they classified as?
    Chocolate? Biscuits? I want one now nom nom

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I hate that crack of 'found on the biscuit aisle' for things that aren't biscuits.
    If you have to tell people to look in the biscuit aisle for it, it's probably not a blinkin' biscuit!!

(sorry) those ferraro Giatto ... I think? their ad was 'found in the biscuit aisle' when clearly they're a chocolate sweet type thing, similar to ferraro roche.

I do rather enjoy Happy Hippos, they're similar to their Kinder Bueno sibling and I'd class them as chocolate type thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Hmmm I was thinking the same star-pants,but their exterior were confusing me.

but it's like the outside of a kinder bueno? wafer-type with chocolate (though hippo just has the coating on the bottom half and lil chocballthingies

Ah but it isn't really is it? I thought it was more biscuity?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

There's no way they're a biscuit, although Tesco did once move them from the sweets aisle to the biscuit aisle. It took me months to find them, and then they promptly stopped stocking them :mad:. I'd call them sweets maybe. There's only a hint of cocoa in them so they're not chocolate.

• Advertisement

Definitely not a biscuit I'd have thought. It's wafer stuff with a creamy / hazelnut filling so yeah maybe more of a sweet -- like ferraro raffaello

star-pants wrote: »
    Definitely not a biscuit I'd have thought. It's wafer stuff with a creamy / hazelnut filling so yeah maybe more of a sweet -- like ferraro raffaello

I tend to just call them perfection.

I haven't had one in AGES now :(.

They have a load in Lidl Faith. I stock up weekly.

UrbanSea wrote: »
    They have a load in Lidl Faith. I stock up weekly.

They've stopped stocking them in the Lidl closest to me :(. And by closest, I mean it's still a 20 minute drive away. I'll have to venture further afield!

Faith wrote: »
    They've stopped stocking them in the Lidl closest to me :(. And by closest, I mean it's still a 20 minute drive away. I'll have to venture further afield!

The hippos? They have them in Dunnes if you're near one, or least they should, I've seen them in a few Dunnes

• Advertisement

Out to upset you so :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭number10a

They have them in Lidl in Midleton if that's any good. And they're multipacks too. :D

Advertisement