Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good pub for a Saturday night date

Options
  • 14-06-2011 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭

Ok I've got a date sorted for Saturday night, just wondering if anyone knows a reasonably good pub for this. I'm looking for somewhere that is not too busy and where you can actually get a seat and talk, not somewhere where you're wedged in a corner with stupidly loud music on.

Used to go to the Porterhouse for dates but its too hit & miss getting seats even at 8pm :( The Czech Inn I was thinking about as its different, but I'd say again that place would be full early on a Saturday.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭mvt

The long Hall.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

The Shakespeare or The Welcome Inn, both on Parnell St.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭timogen

T.P smiths across from the jervis or the loft just down from the epicurean food hall. you can find quiet spots in the two of them and the food is nice too.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

cosmic wrote: »
    The Shakespeare or The Welcome Inn, both on Parnell St.

The Welcome Inn? On a date? Ya mad!

Market Bar or The Grand Central?

Larianne wrote: »
    The Welcome Inn? On a date? Ya mad!

I go there with my OH all the time. The bar man is completely sound, it's nice and quiet with a relaxed atmosphere, the Guinness is delicious and the ladies toilets are (surprisingly) meticulously clean. What's so 'mad' about that?

• Advertisement

I know a few girls that would not be happy to be brought there on a date!

Larianne wrote: »
    I know a few girls that would not be happy to be brought there on a date!

I suppose you're right. I guess I'm just a pretty low maintenance kind of girl! :p

cosmic wrote: »
    I suppose you're right. I guess I'm just a pretty low maintenance kind of girl! :p

Well after he lures her into a false sense of security he could bring her there after say, 3 dates? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

i always swear by lannigans for a date, used to be down on middle abbey st beside the luas, but has moved out on to eden quay in the last 18 months....love the place, quiet, but with a bit of background noise, and run by sound lads too.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

The pub that used to be Panama Bar on Bachelors Walk would be perfect for a date. Think it's called O Connells or something like that now.

Quiet enough, but lively enough, if you get my drift, they do cocktails and normal priced pints, and nice decor.

• Advertisement

wixfjord wrote: »
    The pub that used to be Panama Bar on Bachelors Walk would be perfect for a date. Think it's called O Connells or something like that now.

Oh, that reminds me, J. O'Connells at Portobello is also a lovely spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Lotts (the lounge, not the bar) is nice as well. I can't vouch for its "packedness" on a Saturday night though. More of a Sunday afternoon kind of place. Its on Liffey Street. Good luck with the date anyway.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 redbeetlejuice

what about the bar in the Dylan Hotel if you really want to impress..No loud house music and hotel bars seem to be a bit quieter than other bars at the weekend (but probably more pricey!)
    Hope the date goes well :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Pick somewhere you like, and not somewhere you wouldn't usually go. She'll be trying to work out what your like based on where you take her. They do that, them wimmin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭BabyBirch

The Library Bar in the Central Hotel on Exchequer Street would be nice for a date, cosy with lots of seats and no loud music.

Advertisement