Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desire's Sporting Log.

Options
  • 14-06-2011 11:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭

Hello everyone!

I just started betting on the 1st of June and I thought I may as well start a log here. I'll be betting small stakes, mainly for fun, just to see if I can make a profit.

I'll bet on anything, but I'll be betting mainly on football. I'm willing to bet on any league or competition. I guess I'll have to at this time of the season.

I'll be starting with ten points and I'll take it from there. I'm not really going to do big write-ups or anything, but I will be researching most of my bets.

Any posts or comments are appreciated!

Best of luck!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

Here's the first bet I made. I know it's after-timing, but I did post this in another thread before-hand if you want to check it out.

1) Macedonia vs. Republic of Ireland.
    Republic of Ireland to win @2.10 (Paddy Power)

I fancy Ireland to beat Macedonia @2.10.

Ireland will be full of confidence after their recent Nations Cup win and those games will have been a good warm up for this game. Granted, a lot of the players who featured won't play but confidence should still be high in the Irish camp.

Robbie Keane is playing well for Ireland and Shane Long is playing great at the moment, so I fancy Ireland to score a goal or two. The Irish team will also know how important this game is if they want to qualify for the European Championship and this will be the last chance to qualify for a major tournament for the likes of Shay Given and Robbie Keane.

2 Points - Republic of Ireland to win @2.10. (Paddy Power)

2) Czech Republic vs. Spain.
    Spain to win @1.66. (Paddy Power)

What can you say about Spain's U.21s that hasn't already been said? They are a quality team with top class players such as Mata and De Gea. They play beautiful football and are a very dominant team. They conceded a late equaliser against England, dropping two points, so it is imperative for the Spanish that they win if they want to go on and win the tournament.

The Czech Republic are also a decent side and have won their last four on the trot. They picked up a comfortable 2-1 win against Ukraine in their opening game.

The Czech Republic are possibly the second best team in the tournament, at least, they are second favourites to win the tournament, a decent team, but I just think Spain will have too much quality for the Czechs to handle.

2 Points - Spain to win @1.66. (Paddy Power)

3) Tromso vs. Lillestrom.
    Tromso to win @1.66. (Paddy Power)

Tromso are currently sitting top of the Norse League and are unbeaten all season, having conceded just seven goals.

They face a Lillestrom side who are 10th in the league. They have had no problem scoring goals, with the best attacking record in the league, but they are also conceding a large amount of goals. Lillestrom have one only one in their last five league matches and I fully expect them to lose tomorrow.

2 Points - Tromso to win @1.66. (Paddy Power)

4) FK Rostov vs. Rubin Kazan.
    Rubin Kazan to win @1.90. (Paddy Power)

I placed this bet yesterday afternoon when Rubin Kazan were 1.90 to win. I know see that they have fallen to 1.72.

Rostov have won only one of their last five games and have conceded nine goals in their last three games. Rubin Kazan are unbeaten in their last five, but winning only two. They have kept three clean sheets in their last four games.

I fancy Rubin Kazan to put a few past FK Rostov tonight and win comfortably.

4 Points - Rubin Kazan to win @1.90. (Paddy Power)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement