Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin to San Diego

Options
  • 14-06-2011 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Im looking for the cheapest way to get to San Diego and back.

The dates are August 23rd to August 31st. They are flexible by one or 2 days max! How can I get the cheapest fare? Would I be best off flying to LA instead? That wouldnt be a huge problem.

And when should I book it?? Will the price come down closer? Its around 630 now but ive seen flights for under 500 for close dates! Any advice appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭chimpo85

When I went before I flew to phoenix and then to san d because phoenix is a hub for US Airways so I got cheap flights over...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

Thanks Chimpo, and how did you book those flights, did you book 2 individual flights? And do you remember what airline you flew to Phoenix with?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭chimpo85

I did British airways to phoenix but i think US Airways fly from shannon to phoenix. theres probably a load other airlines going there too from the likes of dub, cork or even london (which could save a bit in the long run). At the time I was visiting mates in San D and booked a flight from dub to phoenix to my relations and then from phoenix to san d. the phx -san d flight was very cheap if i remember correctly. $60 return if i remember correctly.
    What i always do is check orbitz.com and then go to the main website of the cheapest airline and see how it works out...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

Thanks for the help fellas, I cant seem to beat 630 to LA though! Phoenix doesnt seem to be working out any cheaper for me!

• Advertisement
Advertisement