Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone want to try liscensing this???

Options
  • 15-06-2011 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭

http://centerfiresystems.com/goryunov.aspx

Be a Hell of a gun for a vintage classic shoot!!:D

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭patsat

Its starting to look like you enjoy fighting for your firearms more than you enjoy shooting them! :p

Not very practical for stalking tho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

Well its only a semi so you might be in with a chance of a cert , dunno what you'd do with it mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Shane.sf

That would be perfect for rabbits!!

If u lost your mind!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

Would the ammo belts have to be restricted to 3 rounds apiece?

Yes and it must be kept in a sling when been transported whith the bolt action removed and kept on your person!

• Advertisement

The magazine capacity only applies to a rimfire, for a centrefires you can have as big a mag as u wish!

Is that true because I have a rimfire rifle semi auto with a magazine capacity of 10 plus 1 in the chamber

Shane.sf wrote: »
    Is that true because I have a rimfire rifle semi auto with a magazine capacity of 10 plus 1 in the chamber

From my understanding what you have there is perfect but any more and your rifle would be classed as restricted.

I'm sure someone will come along and clarify this tho!

Thanks patsat but it really doesn't matter anyway I have a licence for it so...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

Thanks patsat but it really doesn't matter anyway I have a licence for it so...

it dose matter if you were to use a high-cap mag "more than 10" because you would then be in possession of a restricted firearm without a licence. which would not be good.

• Advertisement

I was doing a bit of light reading and found out that the biggest mag you can have on a 22 is 5. I may have mis read it but if anyone wants to check it was in s.i. 337 of 2009 I think. It was in Sparks important information post at the top of the topic page.

If that right what exactually should I do?

I was doing a bit of light reading and found out that the biggest mag you can have on a 22 is 5. I may have mis read it but if anyone wants to check it was in s.i. 337 of 2009 I think. It was in Sparks important information post at the top of the topic page.

If that right what exactually should I do?

It's section 5 b part 3

http://garda.ie/Documents/User/SI%20337%202009%20Firearms%20%28Restricted%20Firearms%20and%20Ammuntion%29%20%28Amendment%29%20Order%202009.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

That's for .22lr pistols Shane, not rifles...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

So wait...
    A centerfire rifle can have any magazine size?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

So wait...

Yep, restricted, unrestricted, doesn't matter.

So wait...
    As can a rimfire rifle.
    It's just that rimfires with a magazine bigger than 10 rounds need a restricted licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Ah, makes more sense.

Sparks wrote: »
    That's for .22lr pistols Shane, not rifles...

I feel like some fool now....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Yep, restricted, unrestricted, doesn't matter.

really so someone can own a .308 with a 20 bullet mag and its not restricted :confused:

wasnt aware of that. why would them limit rimfires to 10 to be non restricted and not centrefires?

I feel like some fool now....
    Don't. The firearms acts have been known as one of the biggest messes in Irish legislation for years - and that was in 2006, prior to three additional rewrites that just made the problem worse. Law Reform Commission has been calling for them to be restated (ie, all past acts read as one into one document, that document made the official Act and all previous acts repealed) since 2006...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

garv123 wrote: »
    really so someone can own a .308 with a 20 bullet mag and its not restricted :confused:

wasnt aware of that. why would them limit rimfires to 10 to be non restricted and not centrefires?

The answer is the following. :)
    Sparks wrote: »
    The firearms acts have been known as one of the biggest messes in Irish legislation

garv123 wrote: »
    Correct.
    Because the rimfires can be semiautomatic and not restricted (with mags of 10 rounds or less). Centerfires are restricted the moment they're semi-auto, regardless of mag capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Kryten

Just think, if that gun was a straight pull, as in the UK, it could be unrestricted. F-Class anyone? :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

I can image the application form:

Serious pigeon problem on farmers land means I require additional shots in quick succession.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

By the definition of our law it should be easier to license than your R25, Grizzly.

It definitely doesn't look like an assault rifle and is only a semi auto.
    I think you should give it a go. Really ruffle some feathers down there ;)
    ha

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

@Hibrion...HaHa...No thanks..:D:D..Happy with what I've got,and I am not in the feather ruffling busisness anyway.
    More like the other way around!!:rolleyes:
    Simply I belive in the" what I have.. I hold" line of thought.

Nor do I have four grand ,give or take for this yoke.
    [Would rather an M1 carbine or maybe a silenced sten mk2 semi auto for classic or vintage shoots:p]

I'll leave that to the next champ who wants to carve out a name for himself.Which was not my intention either:eek:

I just posted it up for general intrest and commentary..Not to prove personal intent of aquiring.:)

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

I'm just pulling your leg, Grizzly.
    M1 carbine would be nice though. Hard enough to come by I'd say.

E Gun has a few around the 500 euro mark.Nice light little gun,and a fun one to shoot as well.

Are they only iorn sights or can u put a scope on them

• Advertisement

There are scope attachments for them nowadays.B Square I think does one.

Advertisement