Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scholarship for getting top six in class?

Options
  • 15-06-2011 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone can help me out.

Basically a friend heard from another friend that there is a scholarship available to the top six of a class if they are progressing onto a masters (which I am, Obviously). She couldn't tell me much more about it, Im just finished my Hons degree in GMIT and not sure if its from the college, or the councils, or another body that awards it.
    Sorry this is so vague but she literally couldn't tell me anymore and I can't seem to find anymore info on it. If anyone could shed some light on this I would be very grateful.

Thanks

Sinéad

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

I did my undergrad in UCD and won a postgrad scholarship based on my final results, I'll be using it this year towards a phd and it definitely came from the university rather than other sources. I've no idea what overall rank I was in the year but I'd imagine it was pretty high. The letter just basically says 'congrats we're giving you X towards a postgrad course'; maybe it's something like this which you've heard about?

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭perfectisthe

I'd imagine that this type of award is in relation to specific courses, it's certainly not universal, I graduated top three in my class (in GMIT) and received nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Sinbad725

Ya she didn't know much about it, I've emailed the head of department so hopefully he can shed some light on it! If i ever find out I'll let ye know! Thanks for the replies!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭perfectisthe

If i ever find out I'll let ye know

Do indeed, I'm curious to find out!

Advertisement