Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connolly Station Dublin

Options
  • 15-06-2011 3:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

So i saw there yesterday on tv3 some irish ghostbuster lads saying connolly station might infact be haunted with ghosts !

people have being reporting sightings of ghosts and what not

whats your take on this ?

i dont know what to think myself.... it is a busy place alright and they say they got many reports for this

they are trying to get permission to set up in the station and pull out an investigation.

if there are found to be ghosts and the likes there, what would it mean for the station ? ....closure ? abandonment ? people afraid to travel there or even work there ?

what do you make of it ?

Comments

I know a phone box that could be haunted. People see a man making a call, when they come back 5 minutes later he is gone ! !

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Gremlin

I worked in connolly for three years. I worked in the red brick offices on the corner of amiens st and sherrif st. Never saw anything wierd, but the place does have a real creepy eerie feeling at night.

Another irish rail site I worked in is on north wall quay, its that red brick building with the green copper dome roof, almost at the junction with new wapping st. Now that was on spooky place. It used to be an old british rail hotel at the turn of the 1900's then during the rising it was a british army barracks. Any british troops killed were brought there in advance of repatriation to the uk. We heard that there was a tunnel underneath which led to the quay side. Supposedly the dead were hung on hooks in what was (when I worked there) the HR office. Very apt really! They were brought throught the tunnel to avoid being sniped at when being loaded on the ships.

One day my former boss and I decided to investigate. We found the entrance blocked off by some filing cabinters. We moved em and proceeded slowly . However the was clear evidince that stones had fallen and it really wasn't safe to proceed. There was a rumour about an elegant lady who could be seen walking the main staircase in all her finery. Though again I never seen this.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

jesus christ wept!this forum gets worse and worse!im constantly in and out of these buildings,nothing!people who feel creeped out,are victims of their own fears!GAH!!!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

leddpipe wrote: »
    jesus christ wept!this forum gets worse and worse!im constantly in and out of these buildings,nothing!people who feel creeped out,are victims of their own fears!GAH!!!! :mad:

I've being in connolly many a time myself and always thought it was quite a cool place... nothing strange about it at all... even over 10 years ago I was there and thought the place was cool.

but apparently the irish ghost busters are trying to get in there for a full investigation

now i can see what your saying that people can be a bit paranoid at times but what if the lads find something weird or out of the ordinary ?

would that change your opinion completely ? make you avoid the place or anything ?

or do you think its all a crock of shite ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

I work right beside connolly and can see the platform from my desk and i've seen no sight nor sound or any story of ghosts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Ticktactoe

robbie_998 wrote: »

if there are found to be ghosts and the likes there, what would it mean for the station ? ....closure ? abandonment ? people afraid to travel there or even work there ?

If activity is confirmed there some people will choose to believe it and others wont. I doubt it will mean closure or abandonment of the station.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Do I smell a mArketing campaign or publicity stunt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

Riamfada wrote: »
    Do I smell a mArketing campaign or publicity stunt?

From me ?

The young lad who works in a b&q carpark pushing trollies all day setting up a marketing campagn for irelands busiest train station ?

Sure............

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭xaoifsx

I know a phone box that could be haunted. People see a man making a call, when they come back 5 minutes later he is gone ! !

a man could easily be done with his phone call within 5 mins??

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭5T3PH3N

xaoifsx wrote: »
    a man could easily be done with his phone call within 5 mins??

Woooooossssssshhhhhhhh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭xaoifsx

5T3PH3N wrote: »
    Woooooossssssshhhhhhhh

i think i just figured this one out..

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭loldog

This is the Paranormal forum, not After Hours. Usually, I'm not in favour of moderatorship but I think this forum needs a little oversight so that people aren't discouraged to come forward about their experiences - perceived or real.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Id happily mod this forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 526 ✭✭✭7Sins

Gremlin wrote: »
    I worked in connolly for three years. I worked in the red brick offices on the corner of amiens st and sherrif st. Never saw anything wierd, but the place does have a real creepy eerie feeling at night.

Another irish rail site I worked in is on north wall quay, its that red brick building with the green copper dome roof, almost at the junction with new wapping st. Now that was on spooky place. It used to be an old british rail hotel at the turn of the 1900's then during the rising it was a british army barracks. Any british troops killed were brought there in advance of repatriation to the uk. We heard that there was a tunnel underneath which led to the quay side. Supposedly the dead were hung on hooks in what was (when I worked there) the HR office. Very apt really! They were brought throught the tunnel to avoid being sniped at when being loaded on the ships.

One day my former boss and I decided to investigate. We found the entrance blocked off by some filing cabinters. We moved em and proceeded slowly . However the was clear evidince that stones had fallen and it really wasn't safe to proceed. There was a rumour about an elegant lady who could be seen walking the main staircase in all her finery. Though again I never seen this.

Live on the wild side much? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

I've being in connolly many a time myself and always thought it was quite a cool place... nothing strange about it at all... even over 10 years ago I was there and thought the place was cool.

but apparently the irish ghost busters are trying to get in there for a full investigation

now i can see what your saying that people can be a bit paranoid at times but what if the lads find something weird or out of the ordinary ?

would that change your opinion completely ? make you avoid the place or anything ?

or do you think its all a crock of shite ?

from my,albeit relatively short experience, nothing concrete or convincing is ever produced by these investigations. I do believe in the possibility of paranormal phenomena,love the idea actually,but I think these huge growth of groups and interest is generally harmful to the field.not useful at all.and I would never avoid anywhere with reported activity,quite the opposite :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Gremlin

7Sins wrote: »
    Live on the wild side much? :(

7Sins, I like to read about paranormal investigation, not become the subject of one;)

from my,albeit relatively short experience, nothing concrete or convincing is ever produced by these investigations. I do believe in the possibility of paranormal phenomena,love the idea actually,but I think these huge growth of groups and interest is generally harmful to the field.not useful at all.and I would never avoid anywhere with reported activity,quite the opposite :pac:

Especially the group that is doing this investigation. They are actors and radio DJ's who work off script. They Make up all involved, which i believe is going on now. Come October look for FM104 to have an investigation on Connolly Station as there is no other place in Dublin to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Gremlin wrote: »
    One day my former boss and I decided to investigate. We found the entrance blocked off by some filing cabinters. We moved em and proceeded slowly . However the was clear evidince that stones had fallen and it really wasn't safe to proceed.

Your one chance to find out what's it like to be John Malkovich and you chicken out.......:)

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭spoonface

I couldn't see Irish Rail going for this. To think about it, there could be no upside for them. Either something is detected and people are scared off or nothing is detected and nothing is gained.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 KeithFreeland

Especially the group that is doing this investigation. They are actors and radio DJ's who work off script. They Make up all involved, which i believe is going on now. Come October look for FM104 to have an investigation on Connolly Station as there is no other place in Dublin to do it.

This is Keith Freeland from Irish Ghosthunters, the guy who appeared on TV3 together with Tim Kelly on The Morning Show with Sybil and Martin. Dre as in Dray, I advise you to be very careful about what you say in a public forum such as this in case you are called upon to substantiate your claims. It is true that Irish Ghosthunters are led by Today FM's Tim Kelly. We are a serious team of paranormal investigators, respected by similar groups in the paranormal field in Ireland. We are neither actors or work off script. We operate within the scientific, psychic and mediumistic aspects of the paranormal. Every investigation we undertake is genuine and absolutely nothing is made up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

This is Keith Freeland from Irish Ghosthunters, the guy who appeared on TV3 together with Tim Kelly on The Morning Show with Sybil and Martin. Dre as in Dray, I advise you to be very careful about what you say in a public forum such as this in case you are called upon to substantiate your claims. It is true that Irish Ghosthunters are led by Today FM's Tim Kelly. We are a serious team of paranormal investigators, respected by similar groups in the paranormal field in Ireland. We are neither actors or work off script. We operate within the scientific, psychic and mediumistic aspects of the paranormal. Every investigation we undertake is genuine and absolutely nothing is made up.
    Until the existence of paranormal activity is proven beyond doubt, I'm sure that scepticism is perfectly allowed.
    In general, there is a lot of "made up" stuff. Wasn't that Ghost Hunting tv program exposed as a fake? The onus is on the "investigators" to dispel this sceptic attitude, not the rest of us.
    Was it Tim Kelly who did a show (on Today FM?) a couple of years ago where he was supposed to be in a haunted building? From what I remember it just sounded like he was in the studio with a few sound effects.

Actually i am not going to say what i am going to say as its too easy.

Just for the record the IGH team are very happy to work with sceptics. We work with them all of the time. The post was not a an expression of scepticism it was a very specific, totally fabricated, assertion, specificaly aimed at the IGH team that any paranormal team will respond to. All of the IGH Team have day jobs, Tim Kelly included. Our work as a paranormal team is almost entirely carried out free of charge as reported on TV3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Our work as a paranormal team is almost entirely carried out free of charge as reported on TV3.
    Do you mind telling us what you charge for?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Ziycon wrote: »
    Do you mind telling us what you charge for?
    "Let's talk serious, for the entrapment, we're gonna ask you for 4 big ones $4,000 for that, but we are having a special this week on proton charging, and storage of the beast, so we are gonna ask for $1,000 fortunate."

Keith, i have met yourself and Angie, you are both very nice people. But i would class you as entertainment. You are entertaining, your tours are entertaining.

Im just going to leave it at that.

Keith, i have met yourself and Angie, you are both very nice people. But i would class you as entertainment. You are entertaining, your tours are entertaining.

Im just going to leave it at that.

Let's just finish this string. We do run public paranormal experiences in partnership with Wicklow Gaol, a registered charity who, without the paranormal events, would not be able to remain open during the winter because the tourist traffic does not support their costs. Two years ago they did in fact close which is a crying shame because it is a piece of national history that should be available to all. Those events we would indeed regard as entertainment although the IGH team, whether delivering public events such as these or in closed investigations in reputedly haunted locations or private residences, and there are a number, will never make anything up. To do so would destroy our reputation and credibility. The contribution to IGH from events events at Wicklow Gaol contributes to our costs as a team and enables us to continue to invest in technical equipment, some of which is incredibly expensive like thermal imaging cameras. Virtually all paranormal teams in Ireland are self funding and the costs can be extortionate. A nameless venue in England for instance is charging £1,000 for us just to be there for 12 hours overnight. It is a lucrative business for some but not for the paranormal teams and enthusiasts. There is a very serious side to what IGH do which is about exploring the unexplainable and trying, technically, to prove or otherwise the existence of paranormal phenomena. Because of the nature of what we do it is probably a journey with no destination. Mad or what!!!!!

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

This has nothing to do with Connolly station anymore. Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement