Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

brand new xbox 360 slim 4gb malfunction

Options
  • 15-06-2011 4:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭

hello all, I decided to pick up an xbox 360 slim 4gb yesterday and when i first turned it on the disc drive kept ejecting and closing by itself and also it turns on and off by itself as well constantly.

even if i put a game into it the disc drive keeps opening and closing, it looks like a major malfunction that is causing this. i would be there typing in my new xbox live account and all of a sudden the xbox decides to open the dvd drive 3 times and shuts down :confused:

I will be sending it back later and won't be bothering to exchange it because after the red ring of death problems and the rest at the start of the manufacturing of this console there has been nothing but faults in their game systems.

I checked online and alot of people are having this same problem.

anyone have any ideas before i dispose of this faulty system back to where i purchased it ?. also i have updated it when connected to the net but it's still the same.

example below from youtube... by the way this happens whether there is a disc in the drive or not. it's like a ghost in the machine the way this is happening.

looks like this problem is old as in this link, from 2009 :eek: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6qanm_46Iw&feature=related

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

just bring it into the shop and they will exchange it for you.
    as with any item being mass produced there are going to be some with faults.

dont let this deter you from enjoying a great gaming experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

zenno wrote: »
    I will be sending it back later and won't be bothering to exchange it because after the red ring of death problems and the rest at the start of the manufacturing of this console there has been nothing but faults in their game systems.

Right then get a ps3 and play "safely" online? :pac:

I picked up my 250GB at Christmas and have had absolutely no problems with it. Don't kick up a fuss just exchange it for a new one and enjoy!

Your argument sounds very childish to be honest. I mean there are going to be faults on a mass produced product, look at the iPhone! Even the ps3 had it's "orange light" issue (similar to the Red Ring).

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

My Boyfriend had this problem with his last xbox getting the RROD, yet his current one is going strong! I would totally bring it back for a new one. I think you were just unlucky and got a really faulty one. I would imagine a different one would work okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Bring it back and get it exchanged, if not we'll replace it at Xbox support

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

chin_grin wrote: »
    Your argument sounds very childish to be honest.

comon out of that chin_grin there is nothing childish about complaining about a faulty product especially when it's twice this has happened, first with the RROD and then this ?. it's just bad manufacturing. i sent it back with no issues so it was no problem. I just picked up a ps3 instead and theres no problem at all it works as it should. sick of taking chances with microsoft. that video is not my own it was from someone else on youtube. thanks for the replies folks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement