Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American eagle 55g for .223

Options
  • 15-06-2011 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

I was doing a bit of looking around yesterday for some Federal American Eagle .223 55gr*FMJ*and found this. Its a 1000rd Bulk Pack for 300 dollars plus about 15 dollars p&p. That's just over 200 euro for 1000 American eagle bullets! I pay about 11 euro for a pack of 20 at my local shop. In comparison the bulk pack is 4euro per pack.

But there is a catch. I emailed them to find out some more information and they don't ship to Ireland. Therefore I wasted my time. But I said I'd let everyone know incase your situations are different.

Here's a link to the site

http://www.palmettostatearmory.com/1175.php

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Rip off Republic :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Shane.sf

I know and I love this round for target practice. It suites my gun perfectly.

Does anyone know if you can even get bulk .223 American eagle in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

Shane.sf wrote: »
    I was doing a bit of looking around yesterday for some Federal American Eagle .223 55gr*FMJ*and found this. Its a 1000rd Bulk Pack for 300 dollars plus about 15 dollars p&p. That's just over 200 euro for 1000 American eagle bullets! I pay about 11 euro for a pack of 20 at my local shop. In comparison the bulk pack is 4euro per pack.

But there is a catch. I emailed them to find out some more information and they don't ship to Ireland. Therefore I wasted my time. But I said I'd let everyone know incase your situations are different.

Here's a link to the site

http://www.palmettostatearmory.com/1175.php

Its unfortunate for the price difference but you cant compair Ireland to the US. While this is rip off republic (and some dealers charge extortionate rates), we still are an island and shipping HAZMAT (ammo) here is expensive.

I looked into this several months ago. Even to get ammo in from europe would require an individual to bring in a large quantity...... ie 10000 rounds to make it economically viable.
    I know and I love this round for target practice. It suites my gun perfectly.

Does anyone know if you can even get bulk .223 American eagle in Ireland

Last time I saw 55grn American Eagle was in Duffys in galway (actually last time I saw it was as i loaded a magazine with it).

I dont know if hes any more (it was late last year) as I cleared him out of it @ €8-9 a box if I remember correctly.

You could also ring john in fingal sports as last time I checked he had some good .223 55grn S/P. http://www.fingalsports.com/ammo.html

GH

Thanks gun happy. The last time I checked my local dealer had them I was only trying to get a better bargain. I also found this.

http://www.sportsden.ie/guns/gun-accessories/ammunition.html?calibre=624

They have them for 9.99 per box. I know it says sold put I also emailed them yesterday and he told me that they actually do have them in stock and he needs to update the website accordingly. His words not mine

Thanks for the reply

Thanks gun happy. The last time I checked my local dealer had them I was only trying to get a better bargain. I also found this.

http://www.sportsden.ie/guns/gun-accessories/ammunition.html?calibre=624

They have them for 9.99 per box. I know it says sold put I also emailed them yesterday and he told me that they actually do have them in stock and he needs to update the website accordingly. His words not mine

Thanks for the reply

I find that prices vary so much around the country that its worth ringing around. A few dealers now post ammo too so its all the better.

Should you know a dealer that doesnt post it should be said to them about doing it.

GH

• Advertisement

Thanks gunhappy if I find anything cheaper ill post it up.

Otherwise if anyone has any little secrets about where they get there .223 ammo please feel free to post them up.

Thanks all

And it doesn't have to be AE bullets. All makes please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

Try duffy's in gal
    way. They have them for €10 a box so you might be able work something out and they will deliver

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭223Shooter

Might be a bit far from you and don't know if he posts but Paul in Dog, Rod, and Gun (Wicklow Town), mainly stocks American Eagle and Remington UMC at decent rates. The 55gr. FMJ's are 10 quid a box, but I'm sure he'd do a deal if you were to buy bulk. The AE hollow points and the 45/50gr UMC stuff runs ~15 as far as I know.

Well Ive been thinking..

Depending on how much ammo your licence will allow you buy pretty much depends on the deal that your gonna get......

Im in the fortunate position of having 2500 on each licence so its not uncomon for me to clean out a dealer of a caliber in a particular weight and get the ammo at the best price for me.

What about though talking to a dealer and asking will they be up for the idea of you paying upfront for a bulk of (for arguements sake) 250-500 rounds (with bolt actions I could imagine how long it would take to get through 1000) and you take what your licence allows batch by batch.

Effectivly he would be storing your ammo until you need it.

GH

Il have a chat with my local shop and see what he has to say about it as he seems to be selling AE at the same rate as the rest of Ireland - €10. Thanks gunhappy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

I've been pricing around for the 50gr jhp and most people are around the 16 euro mark, i said i'd chance ringing the dealer in my town even though he's usually a rip off, he said 13 a box but if i bought in bulk he'd do me a deal, so i was delighted thinking he mustn't have raised his prices, went in today and he didn't know the differance between th fmj and jhp rounds and he scanned the wrong box, 13 for the fmj's 20 for the jhp, i was sickened as i kind of know him so had to buy. A box, i'd love to know how many boxes of fmj's he sold to hunters who dont know the differance

Its of to paul o halloran as soon as i can now because he's offered me the best deal on the 50gr jhp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

the price of that ammo went up this year

syl in top gun ,drogheda

has them for 15 e for a box of hollow points

there sh*t beyond 200 yards or so

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭leupold90

€12.95 Murrays, Cork, for the HP

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭fitzy700

duffy's are out of american eagle in 223's fmj's at the moment i was up there the other day he has remington umc's in 55grn fmj's at 12.95 a box

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭jhcossie

yea saw them in duffys.a neighbour of mine gets em

Advertisement