Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Science Stage II - Subject Confirmation

Options
  • 15-06-2011 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know when we will be told what areas we have been offered to study in stage 2? As in the preferences we made at the end of stage 1 omnibus.

I imagine it will be after the final results are released but I really want to know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭MissRealist

It didn't come with the permanent results last year but definitely afterwards. You'll get a letter about it. It's only a page long and they're fairly straight about it... What are you looking for? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

It didn't come with the permanent results last year but definitely afterwards. You'll get a letter about it. It's only a page long and they're fairly straight about it... What are you looking for? :D

Oh right ok thanks. The waiting is killing me :P

I put down med chem, biochem, pharmacology, chemistry

Victoria. wrote: »
    Oh right ok thanks. The waiting is killing me :P

I put down med chem, biochem, pharmacology, chemistry

Hmm... med chem is a hard one to judge... we had a few people swap out last year so there were a few extra places... biochem you should get without too much hassle it's a huge course. I'm in pharm... I got that with a solid 2.1 if that helps at all.. chemistry is the same deal as biochem... fairly big course. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

Hmm... med chem is a hard one to judge... we had a few people swap out last year so there were a few extra places... biochem you should get without too much hassle it's a huge course. I'm in pharm... I got that with a solid 2.1 if that helps at all.. chemistry is the same deal as biochem... fairly big course. :D

Thanks so much. It feels like waiting for the CAO again :P

Victoria. wrote: »
    Thanks so much. It feels like waiting for the CAO again :P

It's quite annoying alright, particularly because you have no idea what the standard actually is in your year until your meeting with the dean... Our year was woeful so you haven't got much to live up to ;)

Best thing you can do is just forget about it for the time being :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement