Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In the Play-Pen: Ginja Ninja

Options
  • 15-06-2011 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭

Good evening, good evening, how are all you folks doing tonight? I'm here to open a thread dedicated to the relentless questioning of one of the true veterans of C&H, Ginja Ninja. We go WAY back. We're like this....

fingers+crossed.jpg

Ginja was a year below me in the tiny three teacher primary school in East Mayo we attended. He lived right beside the school, which meant we often had to go looking for lost footballs in his sheds and when we were bored sometimes we kicked footballs at his fathers cattle (As far as I recall Ginja didn't like that last one). We went to different secondary schools but we still hung around with each other and I've fond memories of me Ginja and some other lads gathering on an almost daily basis under a bridge to smoke a few fags. He was also there the first time I got properly drunk, after we were refused admittance to a teenage disco. Oh and we were at Oxegen together in 09. All in all me and Ginja have had some craic over the years.

Anyways a few years ago back when I was Shacklebolt, meself and himself happened to come across each other on boards. Then when I returned after a long abscence I found that he'd somehow managed to become a mod, meaning that he'll probably delete the following photo from this post....

alan_1.jpg

(Only remaining image of him in a mankini)

So anyways, Ginja is an absolute legend and its been a pleasure to have known him all these years. Fire away with all ye're questions after an obligatory photo of myself and Ginja in our younger days.

1055426605a8142403618b711191989l.jpg

I think we were celebrating winning a match?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Have yous done the silage yet? :pac: My daddy's doing his next week I think, hard to get the weather for it!

Round or square bales?

Dairy or beef? Or do yous keep sheep? :p

And now for a non-farmer question (from this post one would think I actually know stuff about farming, when the opposite is true :o), are you really ginger a ninja?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Greatest inspiration as a moderator? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Wouldya?

Couldya??

Haveya??

May I???

What time and where??

Hows she cutting???

Whats the weather like atm??

Why did you join Boards??

How did you find C&H??

One law you would change and why??

Biggest pet peeve??

More to follow...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

What is a more important aspect of your life being a ginja or a ninja?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

When your ninja days are over, what do you want to do with your life?

If you won the lotto, what would be the first thing you'd be and who would you tell?

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

Top 5 movies you've seen?

Top 5 books you've read?

Harry Potter, Yay or Nay?

LOTR, Yay or Nay?

Twilight, Yay or Nay?

What's your favourite console?

What type of gaming set-up do you have at home?

Top 5 games to play?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Why aren't you coming camping on friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Have yous done the silage yet? :pac: My daddy's doing his next week I think, hard to get the weather for it! Yes,being the jammy feckers we are me and dad picked the best week of the year to do it,it's rained since

Round or square bales? Round,Silage pit this year though,bales are too mainstream

Dairy or beef? Or do yous keep sheep? :pDairy back in the day,Beef now and we had sheep one summer,they are demonspawn so never EVER again

And now for a non-farmer question (from this post one would think I actually know stuff about farming, when the opposite is true :o), are you really ginger a ninja? yesSometimes I'm a ninja,more often I'm a bull in a china shop
    Greatest inspiration as a moderator? Tar Aldarion :pac: Honestly,you ruled with wisdom and an ironfist,I pale in comparison.GG bro:pac:
    Wouldya?Yes

Couldya??Course

Haveya?? Hard

May I???Only I may dance

What time and where??What better place than here?What better time than now?

Hows she cutting???Fast and hard :pac:

Whats the weather like atm??now it's nice and bright outside,but it's meant to go downhill later on

Why did you join Boards??I heard about it on Tv3 I think and went to check it out,saw the LC forum and joined up to ask something and have been stinking the place up since

How did you find C&H??I was around before there was a C&H :cool: sorta migrated here after the LC was passing and this place was getting going.I've one of the oldest threads in C&H and have been here on-and-off since it's inception

One law you would change and why??The illegality of weed,it's use should be legal,importing or possessing more than a personal amount should be Illegal it would free up a lot of time to go after the bigger fish in the drug market

Biggest pet peeve??Ehm,nothing springs to mind.But this is a can of worms if I get going.

More to follow...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suvULQgSzQ4

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

I helped herd those sheep once. They were indeed a shower of bastards.

M&S* wrote: »
    What is a more important aspect of your life being a ginja or a ninja?Gingers Fo' Life yo!
    kateos2 wrote: »
    When your ninja days are over, what do you want to do with your life?Leave college and become a Mexican panda named Raoul

If you won the lotto, what would be the first thing you'd be and who would you tell?My folks and/or my GF.I'd be crap and pay off my family's debts and loans,then have a sesh

How many pairs of shoes do you own?Quite a few,but they should be thrown out.I'd only really wear two

Top 5 movies you've seen?Xmen first class is pretty win,The Lordof The Rings,Forrest Gump is by far my favourite film

Top 5 books you've read?The black magician series,I am Legend is A-MAY-ZING.I,Lucifer is really interesting too

Harry Potter, Yay or Nay?Meh,I've read all the books and seen the movies,but more just cause than out of fandom

LOTR, Yay or Nay?YAY so hard,by far my favourite piece of writing or fantasy ever,I've read all of Tolkiens books and know my LOTR nerding

Twilight, Yay or Nay?Nay,it's just bad

What's your favourite console?PS3's are kinda epic,but I dont' own one :(

What type of gaming set-up do you have at home?a PS2 I rarely use and a Laptop with a gaming mouse,I wish I had the time to justify a better set up

Top 5 games to play?Abe's oddysee, Final Fantasy X,Metal Gear Solid 2,Dargonage:Origins and I hate to admit it,but WoW is incredibly well made and entertaining
    Why aren't you coming camping on friday?Mainly because I'm sh*t and lazy,I think it's been bit too long since I was out at home though
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZJDNSp1QJA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Why were your sheep evil?

Do you generally prefer living in the country or the city?

Enda Kenny - yay or nay?

Do you ever regret agreeing to become a mod? (If not, don't worry; it'll happen eventually! :p)

Power Grid/Factory Manager game > Magic the Gathering. You agree, yes?

• Advertisement

Why were your sheep evil?they broke out a lot and permanently smelled like wee

Do you generally prefer living in the country or the city?City,definitely city,I can't wait to get back to dublin

Enda Kenny - yay or nay?Yay,he's not the most photogenic of people but he's fairly straight talking and is probably more functional as a leader than a FF taoiseach

Do you ever regret agreeing to become a mod? (If not, don't worry; it'll happen eventually! :p)Yes,there was a while I didn't post much with college etc. I felt I wasn't doing enough of a job,wasn't involved enough.But I've always responded to posts and checked the forum, I just felt bad not posting much

Power Grid/Factory Manager game > Magic the Gathering. You agree, yes?Maybe,I haven't played power grid,So no comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0odBpvBAYM

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Any college regrets

Do you like your course

What is your favourite thing about college that might not know

What is your drink of choice on a night out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Massey Ferguson or John Deer?

Favourite ginger?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

What is your favourite type of cow? For me it has to be the one with blue in the name.. I can't remember as I only attended 3 ag science classes in TY.

What kinda crops do you grow?

There are 2 cows in my back garden (field) and they are black and white.. what make of cow are they?

What's the difference between a bullock and a bull?

Have you ever deballed a bull?

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

Favourite lotr charachter?

The lotr films or books?

Excited about The Hobbit?

Eowyn or Arwen?

Favourite sight?
    Favourite sound?
    Favourite taste?
    Favourite texture?
    Favourite smell?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Is it annoying you that so many of these questions are about farming?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Any allergies?

Is a Jaffa Cake a biscuit or a cake?

Shaken or stirred?

Left or right?

Up or down?

To bee or not to bee?

The best of times or the worst of times?

unknown13 wrote: »
    Any college regrets being so introverted in first year,I really missed out on a lot for most of the year from being so shy

Do you like your course I do,some of the classes are horrible because Ag is so broad,but I am really interested in the area

What is your favourite thing about college that might not know Ehm,what? My favourite thing about college is the people,I'm from middle of nowhere,I love knowing so many people and being able to meet so many every day

What is your drink of choice on a night out Predrinks;Morgans and coke.Out; Bulmers/Kopparberg
    Namlub wrote: »
    Massey Ferguson or John Deer? Massey Ferguson

Favourite ginger?Paul O'Connel
    Noel2k9 wrote: »
    What is your favourite type of cow? For me it has to be the one with blue in the name.. I can't remember as I only attended 3 ag science classes in TY.Belgian Blue,it's by far the most profitable breed and has so much room to refine the genetics it's the way forward IMO

What kinda crops do you grow?None,maybe I've something left on Farmville,but that's it

There are 2 cows in my back garden (field) and they are black and white.. what make of cow are they?Depending on the bone structure and pattern Holstein Freisan[skinny] Hereford [White belly and face] or simmental [can be white faced and blotchy coloured]

What's the difference between a bullock and a bull?A bullock has been castrated, a Bull hasn't

Have you ever deballed a bull?Yes,I've never seen a sadder looking animal :pac:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQMbXvn2RNI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Our favourite cows are totes the same.. high 5 \o/

Also eww you deballed a bull! Musta hurt him :pac:

So for some none farming questions..

If you didn't pick agriculture, what course do you think you'd be studying?

What's your favourite band?

Your favourite meal in a Chinese?

Chinese or Takeaway?

Favourite lotr charachter?Gandalf,He's just so win and if you read the unfinished tales,he gets even cooler,he was by far the weakest of the wizards and the only one who stuck to his mission

The lotr films or books?Both,The films are amazing to see , but the sheer depths of the books is incredible

Excited about The Hobbit?You've no idea,it was the first tolkien book I read

Eowyn or Arwen?Eowyn,she's by far the more impressive character.If you look All arwen does is mess Aragorn around and p*ss off Elrond

Favourite sight?UCD lake at night/Sunset over some of our fields
    Favourite sound?the level up sound on whatever game I am playing :pac:
    Favourite taste?Freshly brewed coffee
    Favourite texture?this is a bit weird,but my Gf has really smooth skin.Judge me if you want
    Favourite smell?Pizza <3[melted cheese
    kateos2 wrote: »
    Is it annoying you that so many of these questions are about farming?Not really,since moving to college I'm used to being somewhat of a novelty because of the farming thing
    Any allergies?I'm allergic to bullsh*t

Is a Jaffa Cake a biscuit or a cake? I think it's classes as a cake because it rises,I've heard this before but I'm not sure the answer

Shaken or stirred?stirred

Left or right?right

Up or down?up

To bee or not to bee? that is the question(bee is the answer)

The best of times or the worst of times?Best of times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE-1RPDqJAY

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Bulmers/Kopparberg FTW.

*high-fives*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Caramel Camels or Chocolate Horses?

How much would you hate me if I released other mankini photos? >_>
    I KNOW WHERE THEY ARE >_>

Fad wrote: »
    Caramel Camels or Chocolate Horses?ehm,Caramel Camels purely for alliteration

How much would you hate me if I released other mankini photos? >_> you can if you want,I've mod powers so we'll see how long they stick
    I KNOW WHERE THEY ARE >_>HOW!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbG_m835YnU
    P.S:I hate you Conor

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

You've no control over my sig >_>

I wouldn't though :)

Fad wrote: »
    You've no control over my sig >_>

I wouldn't though :)

.....f*ck
    Touche sir,touché

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Ever met any celebrities?
    If you were on Come Dine With Me, what would you cook?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

How would you woo a woman??

Ever met any celebrities?Nope
    If you were on Come Dine With Me, what would you cook?Probably something pasta-y.I generally make my own sauce and throw in some peppers or something,it really wouldn't be fancy
    How would you woo a woman??Ehm,I can honestly say I'm mentally deficient in the wooing department.Probably show off,cook something or just be nice.I would more than likely shy away for an extended period of time.It defies all logic that I'm with someone,I maintain she confused me with someone else and hasn't noticed yet
    Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Our favourite cows are totes the same.. high 5 \o/ Awh Shnap!

Also eww you deballed a bull! Musta hurt him :pac:

So for some none farming questions..

If you didn't pick agriculture, what course do you think you'd be studying? I had Ag,Zoology and Compsci down on my CAO so probably zoo

What's your favourite band?Linkin Park all the way

Your favourite meal in a Chinese?Szechuan Chicken

Chinese or Takeaway?Pizza :pac:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBnJnXq4YQ8
    Trivia;one day while bored me and a few mates worked out the equation for Jay Z's problem, it assume a b*itch is any whole number excluding one[we varied is negative problems is a solution or not]

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

Any random obsessions?

What are your quirks?

• Advertisement

Any random obsessions?Not really,nothing random, WoW SciFi music, pretty obsessed about a lot but nothing too random

What are your quirks?When I eat a bowl of icecream I mix it around so it's like icecream cone-style and whenever I finish a meal I HAVE to clear the table,it's like a compulsion or something.There's probably more,but those are the only ones I've noticed recently

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYws8biwOYc

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement