Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transplanting biennials

Options
  • 15-06-2011 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭

I want to sow biennials now for next year but don't have any space in the garden right now.
    I just got an allotment. I am thinking of sowing them up there and next spring lift them and move them into my garden. Would this work? Would they not like being moved? Thinking I could sink pots into the ground and grow them in those so as not to have any root disturbance when I lift the pots next year. Stupid idea?
    Thanks for any advise.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,445 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Not stupid at all, should be fine. You don't even have to bother with pots, so long as you lift them with a bit of soil, and do it early in the season. There are one or two plants that don't like to be moved but on the whole you should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

Great! Thanks a million

Advertisement