Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scoil Fhursa

Options
  • 15-06-2011 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Apologies if this is the wrong place for this post. Can anybody tell me anything about Scoil Fhursa? My daughter has been offered a place there for September.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

My cousins go there, generally affluent parents and good chance at education. I'd jump at it! Mol an óige and all of that. Buy an Irish/English dictionary unless you're ok at it, their Mom is a Dub and never has a clue!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Muppet2006

Thanks for that. Some people think I'm mad not to send her to the original school she was offered which isn't a gaelscoil, others said the same as yourself. Terrified I'll make wrong choice. Don't have anyone with children there to ask.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I went there..and i'm not affluent :)
    It's a good scoil but you do need gaeilge..

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

Fair enough, maybe I'm wrong Snubbleste!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

You'd be mad not to send your children there. People are going crazy to get their kids in there. Demand is so high that as far as I know, only family (ie. the childrens parents/cousins/grandparents etc.) had to attend to get a place

It's reputed as one of the best gaelscoil's in Galway and i'd believe it. I learned all my Irish there (didn't go to a gaelscoil secondary) and can still hold a decent conversation as Gaeilge

Apart from that, it's a very 'well to do' school to have your children in (means nothing I know, but it may matter to some people)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Hello fellow brownie :)

snubbleste wrote: »
    Hello fellow brownie :)

I was passing there the last day and there's still a few of the evil oul' witches there! :eek:

Thanks for all the replies. Just wondering about the 'evil oul witches'. Would really hate for my daughter to have a bad experience in junior infants. Seem to be to junior infant teacher, 1 class mixed with senior. Any chance ye know what the teachers are like. Names are on website-obviously not going to mention them here. Also do they call teachers by first names? Thanks again.

Muppet2006 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the replies. Just wondering about the 'evil oul witches'. Would really hate for my daughter to have a bad experience in junior infants. Seem to be to junior infant teacher, 1 class mixed with senior. Any chance ye know what the teachers are like. Names are on website-obviously not going to mention them here. Also do they call teachers by first names? Thanks again.

Ah don't take my comment to heart. The teachers in Scoil Fhursa in my time were fair, but damn were they firm. They taught me manners anyhow, and I was a handful as a child.

If you want your spoiled little brat to scream and tantrum their way through primary school, Scoil Fhursa is not for them! (not directing this at you, just in general)

That sounds good to me. Too soft and children will run wild. Nasty and the children will be terrified and unhappy. Firm seems somewhere in between. Manners good too! Can't tell you how many times I've been pushed off footpaths, shoved out of the way, run past going in doors etc by school children.

• Advertisement
Advertisement