Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aritech problem

Options
  • 15-06-2011 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

I am trying to get my sister in law's alarm working before she rents her place out. she has an aritech cs350. it had been working till around a year ago when the kids pulled 2 contacts off the windows and a wired smoke alarm off the ceiling. The keypad displays "fuse". When I opened up the control box the bell outside triggerd so i got up and disconnected supply and battery in it. I checked the fuses in the control box with a meter but none seem to have blown. they no longer have the code. someone off this forum kindly gave me the engineer code and installation manual. before I head back could anyone please tell me what is the fault is likley to be and how I could solve it? thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Have you removed the fuses from the board & checked them with a meter? If they are still on the board you will get a reading.
    The fact that the smoke alarm was disconnected , the first fuse I would check is the 12v AUX.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

paulcdub85 wrote: »
    I am trying to get my sister in law's alarm working before she rents her place out. she has an aritech cs350. it had been working till around a year ago when the kids pulled 2 contacts off the windows and a wired smoke alarm off the ceiling. The keypad displays "fuse". When I opened up the control box the bell outside triggerd so i got up and disconnected supply and battery in it. I checked the fuses in the control box with a meter but none seem to have blown. they no longer have the code. someone off this forum kindly gave me the engineer code and installation manual. before I head back could anyone please tell me what is the fault is likley to be and how I could solve it? thanks.

Replacing the sensors, fuse plus the smoke detector should get it back up and running again. The external bell will activate as when you open the control panel it activates a tamper. Entering your user code will turn it off. The codes are default codes and will only work if the system is defaulted back to factory settings. If you look at the inside lid it has a diagram of the layout of the board plus the fuse locations which is very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭paulcdub85

thanks for that yes the fuses were still in the panel when i checked them I didnt realise I had to remove them

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭paulcdub85

nice one.There is now a battery smoke alarm where the wired one was pulled off. Can I just put theese wires in connectors or does a resistor have to be connected too.
    altor wrote: »
    Replacing the sensors, fuse plus the smoke detector should get it back up and running again. The external bell will activate as when you open the control panel it activates a tamper. Entering your user code will turn it off. The codes are default codes and will only work if the system is defaulted back to factory settings. If you look at the inside lid it has a diagram of the layout of the board plus the fuse locations which is very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

paulcdub85 wrote: »
    nice one.There is now a battery smoke alarm where the wired one was pulled off. Can I just put theese wires in connectors or does a resistor have to be connected too.

Another option would be to disable the zone in the control panel and put a connector block on the end of the cable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement