Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joint Authority

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I think it's a terrible thing.

There's a big difference between the middle of a city and completely sparse rural areas and they shouldn't be run under the same authority.

Just goes to show that Limerick city hasn't really got a leg to stand on these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I think the track record of the city authorities is very poor over the last decade and more, and as such I think there is a serious risk of the same serious decline that the city centre has seen being repeated over time in the county.

I also think that it could see some of the current funds used by the county authorities being swallowed up by balck holes in the city.

In theory having one authority makes perfect sense, especially for a county with a small population like Limerick, actually make that for the vast majority of counties in Ireland. But unfortunately in practise the city authorities in Limerick city have presided over far more expensive bad ideas and practises than they have over good.

So my take is that it will be a bad thing for Limerick as a whole unless some massive internal changes are made, with people who are actually proven experienced professionals in the appropriate fields being appointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Good, look at a map dooradoyle + castletroy are not exactly in the middle of the county.

All the shopping centres. Retail parks should be part of the city not strangling it.

1/3 less councillors too, don't see them agreeing to this without a fight.

Whether living in the city or county limerick needs a solid future.

Advertisement