Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* French Higher Level Aftermath * (1 thread only please)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Did 1 (a), the journal and the question on alcohol, can anyone confirm if meme is or is not a preposition??

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭DessieMG

For the listening, do you think you would get any marks for:

in section 4
    saying that it was her own arm that was broken,
    you see the sun rise 6 times a day,
    there are plenty of jobs for women,

in section 3,

saying that he pulled out at a roundabout
    and he didn't see the lorry coming?

in section 2

he was depressed because he could not pay his rent?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Gavarn

Haha well I don't know how I did after reading through the posts.. Heard nothing about mushrooms :P So failed the listening!

God I just hope I have passed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭irish_man

He did. The verb used was "faire tomber" which means to drop or to knock over. He knocked over the "Dossiers medicales" aka Medical files.

It said he knocked over half of them, so i stuck that in too as it said what exactly did he knock over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭MikeHough

Would you lose marks if you said nathan wasnt cool and calculated actually? If you backed it up with decent points. Because i said he wasnt but looking back now *facepalm*

I started saying nathan was cool and calculating but then thought he was more the other way but it was to late at that stage.
    These were both the arguments i was considerin
    WAS: He dealt with the dog and worked quickly in the house (not sure)
    WASNT:He got freaked out by the dog and didnt realise your man was back
    Doesnt matter which side you chose really though does it?

MikeHough wrote: »
    I started saying nathan was cool and calculating but then thought he was more the other way but it was to late at that stage.
    These were both the arguments i was considerin
    WAS: He dealt with the dog and worked quickly in the house (not sure)
    WASNT:He got freaked out by the dog and didnt realise your man was back
    Doesnt matter which side you chose really though does it?

No. If you go through the old marking schemes you can agree or disagree with everyting so long as you back up your point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Gavarn wrote: »
    Haha well I don't know how I did after reading through the posts.. Heard nothing about mushrooms :P So failed the listening!

God I just hope I have passed :(
    I didn't hear anything about lorries either, or credit cards, or anything. I'm scared now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭gbro800

just wondering what was the main theme of the paper? what essay/writing options were given?

gbro800 wrote: »
    just wondering what was the main theme of the paper? what essay/writing options were given?
    Seemed to focus mainly on young people/school leavers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭electrictrad

Written paper was grand. . .used dans for the proposition. . .sneaky imparfait question. . .theres only one imparfait verb, fallait, the rest are plusque-parfait's I think. . .the first etait had deja after it, but after deja, there was a participe passe. . .

Listening paper didnt go great. . .said the parents were selling mushrooms. . .and section 4 answers were strange. . .did she want to be an astronaut afeter seeing the moon landings?. . .was it her own arm or her brothers that broke?. . .and what is she convinced of?

Anyone fluent in french, either native speakers or teachers, if anyones capable of writing the tapescript, theres a lot of people here who'd be very grateful. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭samapp

what was the number in section 4 in listening! and in the second comprehension how do we know that the lawyer was almost "saisi"?? by the dog?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Gavarn

Cydoniac wrote: »
    I didn't hear anything about lorries either, or credit cards, or anything. I'm scared now :P

Lorries and credit cards?.... :confused:

Yeah I've failed the listening! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Siveen

xxCookiexx wrote: »
    What did every1 get for the multiple choice on the comprehensions.
    I remember I got (C) for text 1 and (A) for text 2. anyone else get these?

I got these too! Although I wouldn't take that as a reassurance since my french isn't that great....
    The paper was nice enough....wished I had gotten vocabulary from my teacher on social websites, ah well :rolleyes:
    And the mushrooms bit threw me off at the end, happy to hear everyone else got that too :D

samapp wrote: »
    what was the number in section 4 in listening! and in the second comprehension how do we know that the lawyer was almost "saisi"?? by the dog?

I said in the way he just dodged the dog, anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭xaoifsx

what were the opinion pieces on?...i dropped down ! i saw something on the internet came up!! :rolleyes:

THFC wrote: »
    I had that but then said the part where the dog jumped at him because I thought saying the way he dodged wasnt saying how he was almost Saisi? by the dog.

I could be wrong though. Hopefully not anyway.

THFC wrote: »

Same. . .something about <<justesse>>

Same. . .something about <<justesse>>

crap....had it then crossed it out.....

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭B_Fanatic

Paper was A standard but I did mess up the listening a bit, as was expected...

me too... :( Last question they were... Watching the champions league? Lol, yes, I said that : )

• Advertisement

B_Fanatic wrote: »
    me too... :( Last question they were... Watching the champions league? Lol, yes, I said that : )

I said on holiday in champagne......

what was the lawyers reaction to the dog?

and

What was that answer to the question before the opinion 50 words thing in the same comprehension?

. . .don't worry, I was on the brink of saying that the astronaut wanted to be an astronaut after a holiday on the moon. . .

I said shopping -_-

Where did they find the boy? That's what I want to know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

I said shopping -_-

Where did they find the boy? That's what I want to know.

The side of the road :D

poor kid :(

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭xclw

so happy with the paper, i was going to drop to pass but so glad i didn't now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Valin

I know the last answer was 'picking mushrooms' but surely the examiner will appreciate the humour in 'They had taken mushrooms'.

The side of the road :D

poor kid :(

;)

I'm so glad he was left on the side of the road. . .because it means I got the right answer!:D:D. . .

thought i heard someting about mushrooms but said it surely couldnt be.
    who the fck picks mushrooms lik??????

• Advertisement

Also I thought it was crazy how social networking actually DID come up.
    How could something like this be leaked without sec doing anything about it?

Advertisement