Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* French Higher Level Aftermath * (1 thread only please)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

MikeHough wrote: »
    thought i heard someting about mushrooms but said it surely couldnt be.
    who the fck picks mushrooms lik??????
    It sounded a bit surreal alright. "Parents don't notice their two year old child getting lost and ending up on the roadside because they were collecting Mushrooms" :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

thought i heard someting about mushrooms but said it surely couldnt be.
    who the fck picks mushrooms lik??????

my friend is from the french side of switzerland and she said that its quite common work over there :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

Also I thought it was crazy how social networking actually DID come up.
    How could something like this be leaked without sec doing anything about it?

Oh jeez I didn't hear about it being leaked! I heard nothing about it! Crap they'll mark it really hard now cause they'l think everyone had it prepared but I didn't :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

It was leaked? I never heard anything about it anyway...

I ended up doing the essays on crime, alcohol and the journal intime.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭electrictrad

Oh jeez I didn't hear about it being leaked! I heard nothing about it! Crap they'll mark it really hard now cause they'l think everyone had it prepared but I didn't :(

Good news for all who didn't. . .did anyone else do the religion question. . .hope I'm not the only one. . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭G.J.

Also I thought it was crazy how social networking actually DID come up.
    How could something like this be leaked without sec doing anything about it?

Maybe it was just a stroke of luck! Or someone's a psychic! :O

I was thrilled with the listening, there were one or two that were vague and I might have lost a few marks in though. I said that the young boy was the one out picking the mushrooms! :P

The Comprehensions were good, first one in particular. One or two in the second one were a little iffy. Had to think about the preposition too (I forgot what it meant *shame*).

My first written piece was shocking, the journal and social networking ones were ok! I always do bad on the written though. Got 51/100 in the mocks. >.< Still hopeful for a B at the end though, got a B3 in the mocks in spite of the horror written! XD

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭xclw

i did the crime question, alcohol and internet, hope i did ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭IfUSeekAmy

Good news for all who didn't. . .did anyone else do the religion question. . .hope I'm not the only one. . .

I DID!

Ahm, wrote about how young people dont go to mass anymore.
    how we have bettter things to be doing.
    the church need to apologise and work very hard to redeem themselves? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 JustDoingLeave

what was the answer to the question about how the accident happened in the tape? i said 1)he didnt notice the lorry and 2)they were on a bridge (i heard the word pont i think somewhere)

also did meme suffice for a prepostion and is it true the etait was a trick and unacceptable for the imparfait?

also i did really badly in the written could i still get a good enough mark if the tape and the oral and comprehensions were good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

I doubt it was leaked tbh, it was just very highly tipped. Technology and everything to do with it is quite topical so I wouldn't worry about that. Besides, what I had heard was cyber bullying rather than just social networking. It'll be fine!:)

• Advertisement

IfUSeekAmy wrote: »
    I DID!

Ahm, wrote about how young people dont go to mass anymore.
    how we have bettter things to be doing.
    the church need to apologise and work very hard to redeem themselves? :)

Same stuff. . .except from the point of view of someone who does go to mass. . .made up <<l'eglise catholique>>. . .it had better mean the Catholic Church, or I'm dooooomed. . .

_meehan_ wrote: »
    I doubt it was leaked tbh, it was just very highly tipped. Technology and everything to do with it is quite topical so I wouldn't worry about that. Besides, what I had heard was cyber bullying rather than just social networking. It'll be fine!:)

You're very kind :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭IfUSeekAmy

Same stuff. . .except from the point of view of someone who does go to mass. . .made up <<l'eglise catholique>>. . .it had better mean the Catholic Church, or I'm dooooomed. . .

Oooh, that would have been a nice thing to do. I worked around it, happy out with it though. :)

what was the answer to the question about how the accident happened in the tape? i said 1)he didnt notice the lorry and 2)they were on a bridge (i heard the word pont i think somewhere)

I think he didnt break in time. . .freiner is to break I think. . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭MikeHough

Really? Did none of ye hear about it? I think some Institute teacher first said it or sumthing. Who knows. They mightn't even know themselves seeing as many here didn't even know about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Yeah. I basically said in the age of science and technology there isn't enough space for religion in the lives of young people. I said that I didn't believe for personal reasons even though my family went, and I remarked that despite being an athiest, it was worrying to see such a staggering decline (lie).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭PJelly

I got the imparfait AND the preposition questions wrong.
    Sitting there like "Preposition? WHAT'S A PREPOSITION AGAIN" I ended up with "lui" :p
    And I had etait for the imparfair *facepalm*. Didn't bother finishing the sentence.
    Though I'm fairly sure I got the rest of the questions right. My written pieces went brilliant too.

Just two bits in the listening I didn't get either. I said the parents were *blank* mushrooms. Changed it to shopping for. Then taking. Then high on. I left it at high on :p

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cocopopsxx

Is dans a preposition?
    And was etait the answer for imparfait?

Please say yes, or else I lost my 10 marks! :(

I think he didnt break in time. . .freiner is to break I think. . .

I said he braked too late too!

PJelly wrote: »
    I got the imparfait AND the preposition questions wrong.
    Sitting there like "Preposition? WHAT'S A PREPOSITION AGAIN" I ended up with "lui" :p
    And I had etait for the imparfair *facepalm*. Didn't bother finishing the sentence.
    Though I'm fairly sure I got the rest of the questions right. My written pieces went brilliant too.

Just two bits in the listening I didn't get either. I said the parents were *blank* mushrooms. Changed it to shopping for. Then taking. Then high on. I left it at high on :p
    I don't understand, why isn't était imperfect?

• Advertisement

Cydoniac wrote: »

. . .because its plusque parfait, which comprises imparfait stem with past participle. . .it was hard to spot because of the "deja" between the stem and the past partiple. . .at least, that was my reasoning

Because if it's followed but the past partciple of a verb like était allé then its the plus-que-parfait. Although I have a feeling they could give the marks for it seeing as most of the people I spoke to wrote it.

I wrote fallait but that was luck as I didn't notice that était was actually part of a plus-que-parfait conjugation!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Was 'gardait' acceptable for l'imparfait?

Did nobody else talk about referees and bring up Thierry Henry's handball?:D

Damn, I've never heard of that before. Wish my teacher had shown us that before :( They'll give an attempt I hope.

. . .because its plusque parfait, which comprises imparfait stem with past participle. . .it was hard to spot because of the "deja" between the stem and the past partiple. . .at least, that was my reasoning

I had said était too...and so did anyone I was talking to afterwards. I'd say if it's wrong then the majority of the country will have gotten it wrong. They might change the marking scheme as a result!

Damn, I've never heard of that before. Wish my teacher had shown us that before :( They'll give an attempt I hope.

Surely you covered the plus-que-parfait? It's talking about doing something before something else happened. Anyway I'd say they'll give marks for it since technically it IS the imparfait conjugation of the verb etre...

Surely you covered the plus-que-parfait? It's talking about doing something before something else happened. Anyway I'd say they'll give marks for it since technically it IS the imparfait conjugation of the verb etre...

Maybe 2/3 marks. The amount of people including myself that wrote était seems to be big. They can't give everyone 0!

I had said était too...and so did anyone I was talking to afterwards. I'd say if it's wrong then the majority of the country will have gotten it wrong. They might change the marking scheme as a result!

It's possible. . .but unlikely. . .remember that the majority of people drop marks somewhere in the comprehension. . .and it wasn't the hardest comprehension other than that and the ould tumbling medical documents. . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭PJelly

Maybe 2/3 marks. The amount of people including myself that wrote était seems to be big. They can't give everyone 0!
    But the test in general was easy. So they might be tough on the marking.
    I honestly, halfway through my first comprehension, double checked the front of the paper. To make sure I didn't somehow have a pink ordinary paper.

• Advertisement

I've never heard of it. Kind of irritated now.

Advertisement