Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best download site for the likes of jmt , atmosphere etc

• 15-06-2011 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

as above im sick of looking in shops for proper hip hop albums and coming out empty handed..

do yas no of any good sites that have old school proper rap to download or is ebay my only option??

thanks
    dave

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I feel your pain, I go to Germany a few times a year and make most of my purchases there.

The Fifth Element online store is decent, so is the Strange Famous store. They stock alot of thier own label stuff but have plenty of other gems.

cdwow can also throw up a few surprises

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I'm sure I don't need to remind anyone not to post any links to sites offering downloads of pirated material.
    davemc180 wrote: »
    do yas no of any good sites that have old school proper rap to download
    Have you had a look through the Hip Hop tag on Jamendo? I'm not a hip hop fan so I can't comment on the quality but most of the stuff I've downloaded from there has been pretty good and the price is definitely right.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

If you want to get CD's online, SFR are having a sale at the moment $9.99 or less.

http://www.strangefamousrecords.com/store/999cd-c-1_29.html

Some great albums in there, be getting a few myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I buy nearly all of my cds from Amazon. You can get the harder to find ones through the market place and if you hold out for long enough you can get most albums for about £5. Spend more than £25 and it's free delivery. May not have everything but you can find an awful lot on there.

I just add them to my wishlist and keep an eye on the price until it drops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

discogs maybe..

• Advertisement
Advertisement