Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download limit for UPC

• 15-06-2011 12:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭

Hi i was just wondering if somebody could tell me the download limit for UPC.
    On their website it says 120GB for the most basic package.

The reason i am asking is i live in a granny flat built on the side of my landlords house and he lets me use the wifi connection so i dont want to download over the limit. i would never download any where near 120GB. But i remeber reading the UPC website a few months ago and i think the download limit was 40GB or somewhere near. So he has had broadband for a few years and im wondering would he still have the original package with 40GB or does everybody get upgraded to the new 120GB package automatically. thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

what speed is your package?
    the lovely thing about UPC is they automatically upgrade you when their new packages come out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    what speed is your package?
    the lovely thing about UPC is they automatically upgrade you when their new packages come out.

I dont know which package im on i never asked the landlord but when i do the speedtest.net i get 10MB download or there abouts.

I dont know which package im on i never asked the landlord but when i do the speedtest.net i get 10MB download or there abouts.
    do you ever get above 10mb on speedtest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    do you ever get above 10mb on speedtest?

No i think that was the highest i ever got so i must be on the 12MB connection which is their most basic package. So from what you said about getting upgraded automatically i must be on the 12MB with 120GB download allowed.

When i done the speed test a few months ago i would have go about 5MB on a good day.

Then it sounds grand to me. From my experience with UPC, in 3 years ive never got a letter stating i used over my limit.

You wont be charged for going over unless you get a letter 3 times.
    Even so, if yer man has been a customer for some years, he could easily talk to the loyalty department and get that kind of thing waived.

happy downloading.

• Advertisement
Advertisement