Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cube Peloton/Attempt Sizing Advice please

• 15-06-2011 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    Looking to buy a Cube Peloton or Attempt road bike on the BTW scheme. I'm 6' 3/4" and have a 33" inseam and can't decide between two sizes 58cm or 60cm. (Will it make a huge difference? I won't be doing mental mileage on it. I'm from the baggie short brigade...shhh) Anybody out there with one of these and about my height have any opinion on it?
    The reason for the query is my nearby shop (Cork city) that does them inexplicably don't let people take bikes for a spin but will do a sizing even though they haven't my size in either in stock. So I've gone to an Irish online shop based in Dublin to source one.
    Agonisingly the Attempt has a better spec but there is a 5 week leadtime whereas the Pelotons are in stock. Decisions decisions!!

http://www.cube.eu/road/comp-series/attempt/
    http://www.cube.eu/road/comp-series/peloton/
    Rich
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Ha, I just asked the guy beside me i work what size his cube is? It's his first day cycling in. He's 6'2 ish and has a 60. I'm 5'11 and gonna take it out for a spin this afternoon.

From their geometry chart a 58 cube seems more like a traditional 56. and a 60 is more like a trad 58. So at 6'ish you're probably at the upper end of the cube 58 and right for the 60. Best thing would be to try both for size, if you can.

I'm not a professional bike fitter, so don't take my advice as gospel.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭sham2

Ha, I just asked the guy beside me i work what size his cube is? It's his first day cycling in. He's 6'2 ish and has a 60. I'm 5'11 and gonna take it out for a spin this afternoon.

From their geometry chart a 58 cube seems more like a traditional 56. and a 60 is more like a trad 58. So at 6'ish you're probably at the upper end of the cube 58 and right for the 60. Best thing would be to try both for size, if you can.

I'm not a professional bike fitter, so don't take my advice as gospel.

Appreciate the reply petethredrummer. Let me know how you find the 60 as sizings I've done suggest a 58 while the shops suggest a 60+ in general. I don't want to order one blind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Hi,

I have a Cube (2010 aerial) in a size 58. I'm 6'1 and 33 inside leg and the bike fits me fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

I used to have a Streamer (same frame I think) - 6' tall and a 58cm frame. The fit is certainly on the small side, as Pete points out a 58cm frame actually has a 56cm toptube.

A lot would depend on your own preference for bar position and flexibility. If you want a racier position the 58cm would be ok with a longer stem, if you want a more upright position you might go for the 60cm with a shorter stem because that would give a taller head tube.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭skerry

I'm a hair under 6' with 32" inside leg and have a Cube Agree in 58 cm frame and suits me fine. Not sure if the geometry is the same as the Peloton but the Cubes do come up small.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

Cube Ariel 58cm - I'm 6ft 2" - about right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Tried the 60 cube Aerial, its too big. I would say 58 would be right for me at 5'11.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭full gas

if your over 6 foot then id go for the 60 , ive sized quite a few people on them and the general rule with the cube is a size up from what you would normally ride , i ride a 58 myself but would ride a 60 in a cube , as for the shop not letting you take it for a spin , fair enough call i reckon .

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭aquanaut

full gas wrote: »
    if your over 6 foot then id go for the 60 , ive sized quite a few people on them and the general rule with the cube is a size up from what you would normally ride , i ride a 58 myself but would ride a 60 in a cube , as for the shop not letting you take it for a spin , fair enough call i reckon .

Does that include exactly 6ft? I find my trek 58cm a bit stretched - have 90mm stem on it

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭full gas

on a trek, you should be fine with a 58, you could possible tabe a look at your seat position ,maybe be move it forward , otherwise you could try flip your stem around , it wil bring the bars a little closer to your self,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭aquanaut

full gas wrote: »
    on a trek, you should be fine with a 58, you could possible tabe a look at your seat position ,maybe be move it forward , otherwise you could try flip your stem around , it wil bring the bars a little closer to your self,

Sorry, I put it down wrong. Im on a trek 1.5, shortened stem to 90mm, now perfect - im 6ft and 58cm frame. Buying a Cube Agree - would I get away with a 58cm on a cube?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mikestc

Hi

Im 5'11 and was sized for a peloton yesterday and and a 58 was right for me

Advertisement