Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

captain americas for food

Options
  • 15-06-2011 12:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

whats it like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

big portions of fast food. More someone to go out for a feed then a restraunt dining experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭grumula

Balmed Out wrote: »
    big portions of fast food. More someone to go out for a feed then a restraunt dining experience.
    never bothered with the one down here, but if it's anything like the dublin branch then i support this statement with tiny tinkling bells on my two turgid thumbs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Viper_JB

Balmed Out wrote: »

Agree, they do good cocktails and drinks there too, good spot to hit before a messy night in town lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Viper_JB wrote: »
    Agree, they do good cocktails and drinks there too, good spot to hit before a messy night in town lol.

+1

Perfect soakage food. Combo platter in there is good for the hangover too:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭dazzlermac

frozen overpriced ****e imo.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭sok2005

S'arrright, nothing special. Nice cocktails though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I once got served a burger where the mince was still frozen in the middle.

Serves a purpose, but it ain't for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭number10a

It fills a space basically. As one poster said, it's perfect soakage food. Don't bother climbing the stairs. Just head for Wagamama downstairs instead. Though there are still way better places, Wagamama's is nice all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

They are going for the art deco Americana diner. I found it quite funny that they see a 'Route 66' beer made in Slovakia.

It's an overly expensive burger, fries and a drink kind of place. On the positive side, you do get American condiments(Heinz Ketchup and French's mustard).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

It's grossly overpriced, IMO. But if you're in the mood for expensive deep fried food, then it's good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Tilly Tally

I'm not a big fan of fast food anyway but I think this place is very over priced. Its like McDonalds with alcohol. I didn't think the cocktails were great either. If you want to splash out for a nice dinner, than go to one of the many restaurants around Paul Street. Roughly same price for much nicer food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

What are the steaks in there like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I <3 the steaks. They're pretty good at cooking them the way you want them. Mmm, blue steak...

I wouldn't go there exclusively, but you can do a lot worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

to be fair to mickey d's their no that much worse....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 thehunter

gimmick wrote: »
    I once got served a burger where the mince was still frozen in the middle.

Serves a purpose, but it ain't for me.

agree with all of the above,service was sh.t. as well.

Advertisement