Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Symphony Orchestra, Hibernian Orchestra, or Orchestral Players?

Options
  • 15-06-2011 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi all! :) Has anyone played in any of these orchestras and could give me an idea which one to join? I play the violin and I'm looking for an orchestra with a high enough standard but at the same time it should be easy-going without any drama or bitching (the old first/second violin story) etc. I'd be grateful for any advice or if someone would share their experience. Thanks! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Hi did you get yourself sorted with an orchestra? I played with the hibernian orchestra years ago (wind section) and the standard there is pretty high. I cant speak for the string section but the wind/brass section are pretty relaxed...from what I could see it seemed similar enough up the front.

I haven't played with the other two orchestra you mentioned so hopefully somebody else can inform you

• Registered Users Posts: 32 MusicDots

Thank you for the reply! :) I went for the Dublin Symphony Orchestra and joined them after their summer break in September. Loving it, really happy with my choice! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Great stuff when is their next concert?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Shostakovitch

If you are interested in an accompanist (piano) let me know. I am always looking for someone to play with.

Daire

Advertisement