Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mature student BSW UCC

• 15-06-2011 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I have just been offered a place on the BSW Degree starting in Sept. Does anybody have any idea as to the lecture timetable for the first year? Would like to keep my day job of 15 hours a week but don't know if this will be feasible or not.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,572 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

You'll need to tell me what BSW is so I can move this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Barrett6

Opps! It's a batchelor of social work degree course.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,572 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved from N&F then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

http://timetable.ucc.ie:8010/reporting/individual?objectclass=programme+of+study&idtype=id&identifier=BSW1%0D%0A&t=programme+of+study+individual&days=1-7&weeks=5-16;20-31&periods=1-20&template=programme+of+study+individual This is last years one, I know a few people worked during the day off and half day on Friday. If you have any other questions pm me and Well Done:) Tutorials are not included in the timetable.

Thanks a mill Lindtee! Will possibly pm you after racking my brains with questions. Excited and anxious at the same time!!!!:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 beirne83

Hi Barret
    I am applying to do Bsw in ucc 2012 amd I'm just wondering how thje course is going so far? How many hours do you have, is timetable pretty much the same as it is on ucc website, apart from tutorials and seminars?? Any info would be great.
    Thanks

beirne83 wrote: »
    Hi Barret
    I am applying to do Bsw in ucc 2012 amd I'm just wondering how thje course is going so far? How many hours do you have, is timetable pretty much the same as it is on ucc website, apart from tutorials and seminars?? Any info would be great.
    Thanks
    Hi!
    In my third week now and honestly loving it! Hectic but in a good way. I've 15 hours a week between lectures and tutorials. This sounds like a small amount but sometimes there's a break of maybe two hours between lectures so you would still be there a full day. Don't start any morn til ten, Wednesday off and one lecture every Friday. Support is fantastic! I park in the black ash carpark on the southside and a UCC bus brings us to campus from there. Service is roughly every fifteen mins. All free. I know I've only started and I've a long road yet but so glad I made the change! Best of luck with your decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 beirne83

Hi Barrett6
    I am delighted you are enjoying it so far,. hopefully I'll be in your shoes this time next year. Thanks so much for your reply, was just wondering mostly about the timetable and it seems to be grand, nice to have wednesday's off.
    All the best with the course :)
    beirne83

Advertisement