Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Colour V B&W C&C

• 15-06-2011 1:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭

It's been a while,

Anyway, looking for some comments on this photos, Mainly the B&W vs the Colour one, But I'll accept comments on anything, except the messy window :pac:

3FF0F46E6C854584BFCF41E877A385FB-0000316135-0002376913-00800L-5225820E61054F50B660CFDDDF652979.jpg

DFDAE18C58D04A75A69FD095C5C939EB-0000316135-0002377056-00800L-B0C8D42891764F4A93E4849C0B380EAA.jpg

I prefer the B&W but others prefer the colour...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

I prefer the colour, if nothing more than to inform the brain of what's outside the window. If that makes sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Thinking I prefer the B+W... but the mess on the glass towards the RHS is really, really distracting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

B&W as there isn't much colour in the pic in the first place. I'd take about an inch off the rhs as well if it was mine(in to the hair and then clone that out).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

how about removing all colour except on the dog? and photoshop the dirt on the glass out, replacing it with a swan, so it draws the eye from the dog's gaze.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭zdooldreb

Colour for me. Don't think there is enough contrast in the B&W one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

how about removing all colour except on the dog? and photoshop the dirt on the glass out, replacing it with a swan, so it draws the eye from the dog's gaze.

Selective colour and Swans, how about doing some HDR and adding a vignette as well while you're there. :eek:

Very small screen here but I prefer the mono as the reflection stands out more. Definitely needs some of the dirt cloned out though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

Would you just look at the state of that window!!? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Colour. I like that its not overly satuuated. Nice pic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭squareballoon

Black and white for me. I love the texture on the glass and would remove the four biggest white spots only. I really like the scratches/smears. The composition is great with the reflection ending up in the centre and the dog looking into frame.
    Great shot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

B&W, color just looks ordinary, whereas the B&W has a character/ambience/mood to it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement