Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICB Report. Help required to understand if its good or bad

Options
  • 15-06-2011 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

I just got my ICB Report and I am a little bit lost to say the least. I was given a GFS score of 562 and an ICB CRIF score of 423. As I understand neither of these are particularly amazing but will I definitely be denied credit with these scores?

The other thing I was surprised to find is there was only 1 loan from a 2004 finance deal from a finance company (Creation Consumer Finance) that I never heard of on the report. I have previously defaulted on a loan from Ulster Bank when I was younger but that is nowhere to be seen?? Is this common practice with these reports and have I dodged a bullet? Can I get the loan that I have never heard of taken off?

Also, on the loan on the report it says it was settled on Oct 31st 2010 and there is 0 balance due but will not be removed from the report until 2015!!! WTF

Can anyone please help as I am utterly confused!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭dbagman

yeah any defaulted loans or bad credit stay as a black mark on your report for 5 years,the loan you say you defaulted on when you were young must of been more then 5 years ago and so disappears.I dont think you can have a loan written off,its up to the company or debt collector.I have one on mine written off(amount only €460) but this stays on my report for 5 years.I also missed payments on a car loan but cleared this last year but will stay on my account till 2015 :( and dont feel too bad....my icb crif 2 is 399!!and for some reason dropped to 388 after ulster bank checked my credit rating when i applied for an account earlier this year(which was refused)ah well,another reason to emmigrate :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Monkey face

I just called them there and they said if I can get the company to e mail them to retract reporting me then they will remove it immediatly.

They also echoed what you said about removing things after 5 years. So that is cool.

Basically all I have on it now is a finance loan I didn't take out and nothing else. If I get rid of that will I have a perfect credit score? Or will I be refused on the basis of having no information to prove that I can repay the loans???

Damn banks!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I was given a GFS score of 562 and an ICB CRIF score of 423.

Could someone translate these numbers into plain English please, what do they mean? For example, is a high number good or bad, that sort of stuff would be useful and what would a squeaky clean individual expect to get?

Advertisement