If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pioneer VSX 2020 AV Receiver - 1/2 Price deal!

Options
  • 15-06-2011 1:54pm
    Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

Guys,

I have been offered a deal on a few Pioneer VSX2020 AV Receivers.

picture.php?albumid=1057&pictureid=9822

http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/products/42/98/405/VSX-2020-K/index.html

With 2 HDMI outputs and speaker connections for 7.1 surround sound, this receiver is the heart of a versatile home cinema set-up.

You can easily connect a second screen or switch between your screen and your projector without having to reconnect the HDMI cable.

The VSX-2020 is able to decode the latest HD audio formats and supports x.v.Colour and Deep Colour for vibrant, lifelike colours with smooth gradient transitions. With the latest HDMI version 1.4a, it’s also ready for 3D content.

Enjoy content from broadcasting soures and games to home cinema with resolutions up to 1080p. Standard definition video is upscaled to HD format.

The receiver provides full iPhone and iPod integration: listen without quality loss caused by D/A conversion.

Also, use your iPhone or iPod touch as a remote control. With the iControlAV application, you can access the receiver’s main functionalities, and more over your wireless LAN.

Bluetooth and internet radio
    Stream audio content to your receiver using Bluetooth (additional adaptor required). The Sound Retriever AIR restores sound quality lost during streaming.

Connect your receiver to the internet and enjoy your favourite radio stations online. Listen to preloaded stations or easily update your personal favourites.

The receiver has an intuitive and fresh-looking GUI (Graphical User Interface), giving you quick and easy access to the functions you need.

picture.php?albumid=1057&pictureid=9823

Anyone that knows these beasts knows just how good they are but here is a sample of the feature list:

Output Power per Channel - 150W

Inputs/Outputs
    6 x HDMI Inputs(1080p upscaling) (1 Front Input)
    2 x HDMI Outputs

4 x Composite
    2 x Component
    2 x Coaxial
    3 x Optical
    1 x USB host
    1 x iPod/iPhone Digital via USB (cable included)
    1 x Ethernet
    Bluetooth adapter port for AS-BT100
    1 x Composite Output
    1 x Component Output
    1 x Optical Output

HD Audio Formats: Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio
    Audio Return Channel

Internet Radio
    Remote Control Glow-key, preset remote control (learning)

These did retail at £999.95 - the cheapest around online at the moment are at £699 ish - we have done a deal to get them in at £499.95 which is an absoloutely spanking deal and leave this high end receiver coming in at the same price as middle market receivers!

If you would like to snaffle on of these beasts give us a shout - it's first come 1st served! Drop us a PM or a quick email to sales@richersounds.ie and we will get one of the guys to get you sorted!

Keep me posted and thanks as ever for looking in,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭davoxx

how heavy is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Davoxx.

It's 13.1kg.

Cheers

Dave

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭davoxx

Hi Davoxx.

It's 13.1kg.

Cheers

Dave

cheers!!, i know it might have seemed a strange question, but i need to figure out how to get it home :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭almee

Damn you with your special deals! Bought the 920VX in January from you but can't say it blows me away....

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭PC

John do you have any left...I might stick my name on one...any delivery costs to Meath ?.

pc

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

PC wrote: »
    John do you have any left...I might stick my name on one...any delivery costs to Meath ?.

pc

Guys as an extra special Boardie deal - I'll do delivery in it at £9.99 / €9.99.

PC - I'll put your name on one?

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 10 stephenmckenna

Hi, now I'm really torn. I was caught between a Onkyo TX-NR609 and a Denon AVR-1912.

Now I have this in the mix, all at the same price! which would you recommend?

I'll also be looking for Boston Accoustic 5.1

Steve

Hi Steve.

Between the 609 and the 1912, I would have to say that there really isn't any competition.

This Pioneer would win the race. The Onkyo 709 would be a closer competitor.

The Onkyo and the Denon are good receivers but this Pioneer for the same price has the performance over the other 2.

It has internet radio, iphone control, THX certification, 2 HDMI outputs, power galore and in my opinion is the one to go for at £499.

I hope this helps.

ATB

Dave

Hi PC.

We have these in now.

Would you like one held or despatched ?

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Christ I wish I could go for this. My Pioneer VSX-300 is dying a slow miserable death. Keep meaning to fix it, but time's against me. Will keep my eyes peeled for something less fancy here though, the TV I got from you guys is still going strong and wouldn't want to deal with anyone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭PC

Hi PC.

We have these in now.

Would you like one held or despatched ?

ATB

Dave

Ok Dave...thanks for that. As you know, through our pm's , I'm also considering the Onkyo 709 and you have quoted me a price for that, so can you leave it with me for the moment and I'll be in touch. I'll probably go for the Onkyo because, we both agreed I think, that it would be the best match for my M&K speakers.

Regards
    pc

• Registered Users Posts: 10 stephenmckenna

Hi Steve.

Between the 609 and the 1912, I would have to say that there really isn't any competition.

This Pioneer would win the race. The Onkyo 709 would be a closer competitor.

The Onkyo and the Denon are good receivers but this Pioneer for the same price has the performance over the other 2.

It has internet radio, iphone control, THX certification, 2 HDMI outputs, power galore and in my opinion is the one to go for at £499.

I hope this helps.

ATB

Dave

Thanks Dave

Could you PM me your best price for one along with the Boston acoustic 5.1s and cable etc.

Thanks
    Steve

Hi PC.

Of course. Didn't spot the boards ID !

Hope you're not losing any sleep over it !

Cheers

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭pires

Hi Lads,

Would this work well with a Jamo Studio S 606 HCS 3

I read that the onkyos are not good with Jamos....

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭TorresLegend

Like the look of this, pm sent!

Back to you.....sounds like we've got our own Wimbledon going on. :-)

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

Are they more left in stock???

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

About to ask the same thing :) Anymore in stock?

PM sent to both of yas.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Just trying to spec up a system at the moment, are these still available at this price?

• Advertisement

PM sent. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

Dont suppose there's any of these left at this price Dave? if there is, put me down for one!

kingaaa wrote: »
    Dont suppose there's any of these left at this price Dave? if there is, put me down for one!

King,

Frayed Knot - completely sold out now :mad:

..anything else you are interested in that I could cut you a Boardie deal on???

Keep mc posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

King,

Keep mc posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Gutted!!!! John,I need at least 5-6 hdmi inputs,something that sounds as good with music as home theatre,2hdmi outputs would be nice, and a speaker package with decent sized speakers that can be wall mounted.Anything spring to mind?

King,

Keep mc posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Gutted!!!! John,I need at least 5-6 hdmi inputs,something that sounds as good with music as home theatre,2hdmi outputs would be nice, and a speaker package with decent sized speakers that can be wall mounted.Anything spring to mind?

Been checking out some of the 5.1 speaker packages, would the satelite speakers not be too small for music playback in a large room? Oh and by the way,the receiver must have analogue upscaling to hdmi?????

John,I think im sorted for a receiver,picked up a yamaha 667 from another boardie but I still need speakers and Im not pushed on small satelite speakers as I want a good punchy deep sound for music - any ideas?

Hi Kingaa.

What's the budget ?

The new Boston XS 5.1Se pack is brilliant.

The Vector 5.1 is always a boardies favourite and there are others.

Let me know and I'll see what we can figure out for you.

ATB

Dave

Hi Kingaa.

What's the budget ?

The new Boston XS 5.1Se pack is brilliant.

The Vector 5.1 is always a boardies favourite and there are others.

Let me know and I'll see what we can figure out for you.

ATB

Dave

Dave, I'm trying to get away from those small satalite speakers - just dont think they cut it with music (I like it loud!) but would like a package. I was thinking of speakers around the same size as an average studion monitor that can be mounted high on a wall? What are the Vectors like and whats the price?

Dave, I'm trying to get away from those small satalite speakers - just dont think they cut it with music (I like it loud!) but would like a package. I was thinking of speakers around the same size as an average studion monitor that can be mounted high on a wall? What are the Vectors like and whats the price?

Vectors are brilliant and they have finally brought out dedicated wall brackets which make the package all the more attractive! They retail at over £500 in the UK for the complete 5.1 system - we occassionally do Boardie specials - so what the heck - £349.95 for the pack!

http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/monitor-audio/vector-5.1/moni-vector-5.1-blk

.....However....If you are not 110% keen on small and satellite speakers - I would have a long hard look at getting a REAL 5.1 system with real speakers and if you can fit them ( and are allowed :o) I'd go for the proper bronze package including:

BX1 Front speakers

BXFX Rear Speakers
    BX LCR Centre
    BXW 10 Subwoofer

Total retail should be £1050 - Boardie deal at £799.95.....??

Keep mc posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Advertisement

Vectors are brilliant and they have finally brought out dedicated wall brackets which make the package all the more attractive! They retail at over £500 in the UK for the complete 5.1 system - we occassionally do Boardie specials - so what the heck - £349.95 for the pack!

http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/monitor-audio/vector-5.1/moni-vector-5.1-blk

.....However....If you are not 110% keen on small and satellite speakers - I would have a long hard look at getting a REAL 5.1 system with real speakers and if you can fit them ( and are allowed :o) I'd go for the proper bronze package including:

BX1 Front speakers

[URL="http://www.richersounds.com/product/bookshelf-speakers/monitor-audio/
    bronze-bxfx/moni-audio-bxfx-blk"]BXFX Rear Speakers[/URL]
    BX LCR Centre
    BXW 10 Subwoofer

Total retail should be £1050 - Boardie deal at £799.95.....??

Keep mc posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John,looks exactly like what im after,but the budget wont stretch that far,are there any alternatives to the monitor audios?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.