Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Americanised Dashboard...

• 15-06-2011 2:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭

For anyone who has an alternate US account, you'll notice that the US Dashboard is full of ads, and it's pretty annoying

I load up the Dashboard today, and we have a Nike ad :( The start of a new trend? If you're gonna start making more money off us, you can start offering Indie Games, Netflix, Last.FM etc.

Feckers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,402 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Irish ones are getting this too now, turned on my xbox this morning and spotlight had tons of video ads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Ugh had an add somewhere on mine the other day think it was in the movies bit of the live screen

adds can fck right off, no need for this sh*t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

I hope not. The holy land of Capitalism never has it's fill of ads. I'm sick of being forced to watch up to a minute of crap for every second youtube or Cinnemascre video. Bring back the U.S.S.R.:pac:

3492969245_39da298387.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Seen the ad again today for the new Green lantern movie in the "Inside Xbox" section and decided to make this

xboxchart.jpg

You know what's even worse? XBL is a not a free service. People pay between 36-60 Euro a year for the service so it's not like they need to have the ads in order to finance the service. Now that really grinds my gears.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

Not booted the xbox in a few weeks, where are these ads? In different sections of the dashboard or in-your-face aggressive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Azure_sky wrote: »
    I hope not. The holy land of Capitalism never has it's fill of ads. I'm sick of being forced to watch up to a minute of crap for every second youtube or Cinnemascre video. Bring back the U.S.S.R.:pac:

3492969245_39da298387.jpg

I know this is a bit off topic but have you tried out firefox and the adblock plus extension? Blocks all adds on youtube (even on videos) and the rest of the internet :D

Its not the first time the Irish dashboard has had advertisements on it

Trevor451 wrote: »
    I know this is a bit off topic but have you tried out firefox and the adblock plus extension? Blocks all adds on youtube (even on videos) and the rest of the internet :D

Its not the first time the Irish dashboard has had advertisements on it

Blagodaryu vas tovarishch. (Now where's that Zangief avatar?):D

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭bastados

Wonder will we be getting any of the new features with the dash update coming end of year...probably fking not.

Advertisement