Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milltown 10k - Run for Ollie - 18/6/2011 3 p.m

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

Am planning on doing it. Heard it was well run last year, bust I wasn't there myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 gerrybbb

Did it last year. Very well run for there first.Doing it again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭central park

I'm in too, it's a very worthy cause.

What did you think of the run?

Really enjoyed it. It was very well organised with good visible km markers, plenty of water stops ( even some locals had cups of orange waiting on the wall!) Even the sun came out which didnt look like it was going to happen at the start! The course was good, no major inclines and a nice atmosphere around.The refreshments were great back in the bar but we had to go before the prize-giving as we were travelling back to Galway. T shirts and medals are lovely too. I did the London 10k in May and their medals had the same ribbon on them! Delighted to have taken part as it is a very worthy cause so well done to all, see you next year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭backspacer

Have to say it was a good race, thought that the organisation was excellent plus good value for money at €30 when you consider you get a t-shirt, medal and a feed after if you wanted it, shower facilities as well if needed.

Water stops every couple of km plus some of the locals putting out water as well made it feel like a real local event, and everyone on board with it, making it very welcoming.

Would have to say would definitely recommend it to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Great race. Very well organised and a very worthy cause as others have said, with about 500+ people at it, I hope the charity did well outta it. Great crowd.

I think that's the flattest 10km I ever ran so anyone looking for a PB next year, its one to note.

I will be back next year anyways. The physio at the end was great too and badly needed. ;)

Just to let you know it is happening again this year Sat 16th June @3.00pm.
    http://www.runireland.com/forms/milltown-10k-2012-run-ollie

Any going to do the Milltown 10k this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭DOCO12

Hoping to do this. From reading reviews it ticks all the boxes, well organised, t shirts, medals and grub. Am looking for somewhere to try break my PB so fingers crossed this will be the one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭wrstan

Anyone have a course map?

Did any one do it this year?. What did you think of it?

Did anyone do it this year? What did you think?

Yes I did, really enjoyed it again, lovely t shirts and the cuppa and biscuits at the end were very welcome. Nice route and great support from the locals. Glad to be able to take part in this fundraiser. 2nd place in my category again this year, 3rd time lucky??

Advertisement