Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issues with my build today

Options
  • 15-06-2011 3:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys, my PC wouldn't boot into windows 7 earlier. I received messages in the post screen saying

previous overclock failed, load default settings?

I did but windows still wouldn't boot and I brought to the recovery area.

Turned PC off, cleaned out any dust and reset the CMOS.

After booting into windows 7 I seen a windows message saying changes you made wont take affect until you reboot, so I did.

During bootup I was told my windows7 isn't genuine, and now its saying I have 30 days to activate it ( which shouldn't be a problem since it is genuine )

Little baffled by this? The overclock was 100% stable with regards intel burn test and prime95.

specs are 700w silent pro, 460, i5 760, 6 gb ddr3 corsair and a cheap cooler master after market cooler for my cpu.

Is it possible the summer heat is taking a strain on my overclock(s) ? Temps are always fine, thanks...

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

First problem I see is 6GB of RAM. Is it a triple channel kit? (3x2GB)

Secondly, load up HWMonitor or something similar to check your temps. It could be that your CPU heatsink isn't installed properly.

Lastly, where did you get the license key for windows?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

deconduo wrote: »
    First problem I see is 6GB of RAM. Is it a triple channel kit? (3x2GB)

Secondly, load up HWMonitor or something similar to check your temps. It could be that your CPU heatsink isn't installed properly.

Lastly, where did you get the license key for windows?

Temps are fine, mid 20s to 50 on full load. Checked heat sink its seated fine but it is very dusty , will give it a clean later. I bought windows 7 from hardware versand. Yeah the ram is 3x2, to be honest I think i`ll just take 1 stick out for now as I don't need it. I removed the CPU overclock as well as I haven't been gaming lately

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

You could try leaving the 3rd stick in and running a few passes of memtest, see if it picks up anything.

Try putting in the serial key again to see if that fixes the windows problem. If not you might need to call up microsoft to get them to verify it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

deconduo wrote: »
    You could try leaving the 3rd stick in and running a few passes of memtest, see if it picks up anything.

Try putting in the serial key again to see if that fixes the windows problem. If not you might need to call up microsoft to get them to verify it again.

aye will do, thanks for the help. I have noticed a couple of bsods in the past few weeks memory related, my guess is it's that. I'll try memtest

Advertisement