Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Accounting (HL) Predictions / discussion / aftermath * (One thread please)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 irishpatsfan

kev.f wrote: »
    ok. time to sort this out

doing Q1- hopefully it will be company
    doing Q8 -anything here will do
    Doing Q5 - the ratio question. like these

so if i cover club, tabular and published should i be ok?

really dont like incomplete.... :(

u will probably need 2 revise cash flow as well loads of people think it will b a cash flow.... club is most likely follwed by cash flow then tabs then published! also u should just look over incomplete cash book there so easy like only 8 or 9 workings!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭PJelly

Another accountancy question :D
    I'm brushing up on Published account notes now. And I'm stumped by the "Operating profit is arrived at" bit. The revision book I have (Which is rubbish) does three questions. First time they say it's arrived at after patent amortisitaion and depreciation, second time they add in directors and auditors remuneration. And the third time they add in auditors fees too! Despite auditors fees being in the first one, they didn't include it in the note.
    How do you know what to put in the note?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cocopopsxx

PJelly wrote: »
    I'm brushing up on Published account notes now. And I'm stumped by the "Operating profit is arrived at" bit. The revision book I have (Which is rubbish) does three questions. First time they say it's arrived at after patent amortisitaion and depreciation, second time they add in directors and auditors remuneration. And the third time they add in auditors fees too! Despite auditors fees being in the first one, they didn't include it in the note.

Well, what my teacher has told us is this-

Operating profit is arrived at after charging :
    1) Depreciation
    2) Amortization
    3) Director's remuneration
    4) Auditor's remuneration

I always put in these 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 kev.f

always put in Auditors fees, directors fees, Patent amortised and dep of tanguble fixed assets. that what it does in the solutions anyway. basicly what you said yourself.
    in your revision book is the auditors fees in the trial balance or in the ajustments at the end? someone correct me if im wrong but for director and auditors fees if it is in the ajustment than you put it in the note.

kinda rambling there. hope you understood :)

always put in Auditors fees, directors fees, Patent amortised and dep of tanguble fixed assets. that what it does in the solutions anyway. basicly what you said yourself.
    in your revision book is the auditors fees in the trial balance or in the ajustments at the end? someone correct me if im wrong but for director and auditors fees if it is in the ajustment than you put it in the note.

kinda rambling there. hope you understood :)
    Ahh, there's no adjustment for auditors fees that I can see. Just the normal "Provide for blah blah auditors fees 7,700 and blah blah"
    At least I know what to look out for now, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭resistantdoor

Do they provide paper with boxes for the tabular statements? If not, what's the best way to answer/ present them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

If there's a God, Suspense and Control won't be on this exam tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 indiglo09

I've decided 2 do pass cuz i havnt done ne work tbh, ne1 know if there's a significant difference in terms of the courses?

If there's a God, Suspense and Control won't be on this exam tomorrow.
    I'm almost more worried about how the booklet's going to be laid out than the test itself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 kev.f

im not going to be using the lined booklets. i have always used normal pages and im not going to change now. i do find it so much handier. i take it they cant mark you down for that can they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 itzybitzyfitzy

As someone who did this for her leaving last year one thing I will say is DO NOT rely on predictions! Section 3 was a disaster, a cash budget came up even though it came up the year before as part of a question and then it was stock taking instead of marginal costing. So make sure you have a brief idea of every topic just in case though if u plan on not doing question 1 then don't bother with final accounts.
    Good Luck guys xxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭Ditzie

im not going to be using the lined booklets. i have always used normal pages and im not going to change now. i do find it so much handier. i take it they cant mark you down for that can they?

no, last year we got handed out lined booklets and literally every person gave it back and asked for a normal one!

As someone who did this for her leaving last year one thing I will say is DO NOT rely on predictions! Section 3 was a disaster, a cash budget came up even though it came up the year before as part of a question and then it was stock taking instead of marginal costing. So make sure you have a brief idea of every topic just in case though if u plan on not doing question 1 then don't bother with final accounts.
    Good Luck guys xxx

im sorry this year i cant see company final, ratios, incomplete, marginal costing, flexible/production not being on it i think at least 4 or 5 of them will b on it so im sorted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭YodaBoy

For tabular, when you get the Bank figure as a current liability (overdraft), do you put it as a negative figure in assets or with the rest of the liabilities?? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

YodaBoy wrote: »
    For tabular, when you get the Bank figure as a current liability (overdraft), do you put it as a negative figure in assets or with the rest of the liabilities?? Thanks

I have always put it as a negative in the assets side, along with depreciation :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 fred09

im sorry this year i cant see company final, ratios, incomplete, marginal costing, flexible/production not being on it i think at least 4 or 5 of them will b on it so im sorted

question 8 will be production budget or a flex
    question 7 will be a tough marginal mixed with absorb maybe.
    question 1 should be company but i can honestly see them not putting up an incomplete even though its my best question!
    the every 2 year thing must end soon and i just think it wont be on tomo.....

magicianz wrote: »
    I have always put it as a negative in the assets side, along with depreciation :O

sound. Iv always done it the other way but i just saw a marking scheme with it in assets.

fred09 wrote: »
    question 8 will be production budget or a flex
    question 7 will be a tough marginal mixed with absorb maybe.
    question 1 should be company but i can honestly see them not putting up an incomplete even though its my best question!
    the every 2 year thing must end soon and i just think it wont be on tomo.....

Definitly with you on the incomplete thing. This examiner is trying to make it less predictable and thats the most obvious prediction on the paper.

So, predictions are now, what do we think, she thinks, we think is coming up...and what will she put up instead!
    On that basis, I think its Published and something from last year (cash flow) along with the ratios in section 2.
    Probably Company Q1 cos if not, she'd have no where to go next year.
    She might mix both Q8&9 between costing and budgeting to stop people learning just one!

B1*CH!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 LilyLuna

whichever way you prefer really. i find it easier to put it as a negative asset.

I was just looking through exam q's at cash flow and in 2008 i dont get how they calculate the tax. i thought it was 60000(paid) - 39000(due at beg) + 48000(due at end)? in that q though its 60,000(paid) - 48000(due at end) + 39000 (due at beg?)! seriously confused!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭what.to.do

Published and Cash flow in section two would be my worst nightmare...

• Advertisement

If any of these come together in section two, I'm in trouble.
    Club, Cash Flow, Published, Service Firm.
    PLEASE let it be ANYTHING else!

If any of these come together in section two, I'm in trouble.
    Club, Cash Flow, Published, Service Firm.
    PLEASE let it be ANYTHING else!

Club and Published are due...at least one of them should be 100m. Have a look over club...its pretty self-explanatory

They could try to mix accounts again and make a new 100 marker.
    Clublished.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭electrictrad

Clublished.

Or Incompabular

Or Incompabular
    Bosting.
    Clumpany Final Accounts
    Incomplection of errors.
    Farmginal Costing.
    I should study :pac:

or a pub account !!

Definitly with you on the incomplete thing. This examiner is trying to make it less predictable and thats the most obvious prediction on the paper.

So, predictions are now, what do we think, she thinks, we think is coming up...and what will she put up instead!
    On that basis, I think its Published and something from last year (cash flow) along with the ratios in section 2.
    Probably Company Q1 cos if not, she'd have no where to go next year.
    She might mix both Q8&9 between costing and budgeting to stop people learning just one!

B1*CH!!!!!

im 100 percent sure incomplete will b on it just not sure what method! q1 will b a company final no doubt! and in section 2 it will b club, cash flow or published section 3 is where they will change it up if they do but honestly i rekon we will come out of it saying this was the easiest in years! and were lucky to get such predictable topics!

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭electrictrad

I might invent a new type of account if tomorrow's paper is bad;

Incomplete Suspense Accounts. . . .:D;)

I've yet another accountancy question! :D
    Y'know in production budgeting, if they don't give you the closing stock for the trading and you have to find it yourself, how do you get the fixed rate again?
    I think it's something to do with labour hours...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭resistantdoor

Clublished.
    Be sorted if a sexible budget came up...oh wait wrong site.

Advertisement