Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Accounting (HL) Predictions / discussion / aftermath * (One thread please)

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,666 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

what.to.do wrote: »
    First, I did it wrong. I let the 4% equal the 1500 and worked it out. I saw later on that there was 500 due, so fixed it from there. 4% = 2000, got investments equal to 50000. I think.

Swear it was 1900

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Matthew712

lufc1993 wrote: »
    Yea 922330 is right - my teacher came in and got the paper and did it getting 922330 as balancer. 3 of us in my centre got that aswell
    No €933130 is right. You must have take 5400 in note (vi) from cl stock of FG instead of adding it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Ekster

Could anyone verify these answers, if anyone's in the habit of writing them on their paper, like I am

Q3 - Profit carried forward = €154,000
    Depreciation on Tangible assets = €58,000

Q5a - i) €94,600
    ii) 36.45%
    iii)7.42c
    iv)5.06%
    v)19.78 years

Q7 Tabular - €1,103,325

Q8
    a) B.E. = 44,871 units M.O.S = 45,129 units
    b) 99,026 units
    c) €103,600
    d) €13.32
    e) 35,940 units

Thanks for making me feel good about my marginal :) Got the exact same as you, and I was really rushing it because i was running out of time. Yay!:D

just did q4. got net profit of €58300

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 lufc1993

Matthew712 wrote: »
    No €933130 is right. You must have take 5400 in note (vi) from cl stock of FG instead of adding it back.

sorry was my friend he got the other one but as u can see from earler post got 933130 also. do u have a figure for tab?

• Advertisement

does any1 have a figure for tab? did u have to put advertising in same as expenses due ye??

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭electrictrad

does any1 have a figure for tab? did u have to put advertising in same as expenses due ye??

€1,103,325. . .

and no, because it's an expense prepaid . . .asset

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭YodaBoy

Could anyone verify these answers, if anyone's in the habit of writing them on their paper, like I am

Q5a - i) €94,600
    ii) 36.45%
    iii)7.42c
    iv)5.06%
    v)19.78 years

Q7 Tabular - €1,103,325

Q8
    b) 99,026 units
    c) €103,600
    d) €13.32
    e) 35,940 units

You beaut!!! Marginal and Ratios all right!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Duda17 wrote: »
    Was anyone else really stuck for time. What is the point in making us rush all these questions and at the same time making a balls of each one. If they gave us a decent amount of time we would all do better. It just dosn't make sense all these time constraints in exams. And what were ya meant to do for calculating the closing stock of the production budget?

with ya on the time thing...i think i may miss the A1 cos i didnt properly get the Club theory done :mad: Would have been close if i had time for a good attempt there

amortentia wrote: »
    I actually loved the interpretation only cause I'd learnt the headings for a bank manager right before. And plus my teacher had given an example of a bank manager giving a dodgy company (like Sully) a loan. That was probably my best question apart from marginal and it was what I was dreading the most!

What headings did you use, Id never seen one with a bank manager before.

I did Profitability, Gearing, Liquidity, Security, Investments, Sector and Existing loan. Any ones i missed??

• Advertisement

YodaBoy wrote: »
    What headings did you use, Id never seen one with a bank manager before.

I did Profitability, Gearing, Liquidity, Security, Investments, Sector and Existing loan. Any ones i missed??

You have to do all the box as a guideline, so a note on EPS is necessary too. . .

Q5 If Sully's future expansion is to build an incinerator to burn the bond holders, then the loan should be granted. Other information: Sully is a cousin of Bertie, the queer who fits Patrick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭amortentia

Q5a - i) €94,600
    ii) 36.45%
    iii)7.42c
    iv)5.06%
    v)19.78 years

Q7 Tabular - €1,103,325

Q8
    b) 99,026 units
    c) €103,600
    d) €13.32
    e) 35,940 units

Wow I wish I never came on this thread, those marginal figures looked different to mine and I did it again and realised I used the wrong fixed costs throughout my whole question. I'm absolutely devastated that I could make such a stupid mistake, on my best question that I've done dozens of and never made that mistake before. This is going to me haunting me all summer :( Probably not gonna get my points now.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭what.to.do

AdamD wrote: »
    Swear it was 1900

Meh, not bothered at this stage, its all done and dusted, forgotten about until august!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 leaving cert finished 2k11

did anyone do da debtors control accounts and if so could you tell me wat your final figure was for the original total in the schedule list of debtors?

€1,103,325. . .

and no, because it's an expense prepaid . . .asset
    how could it be an expense prepaid when it was y/e 31-3-2010

wer doin june so surely u just write off 9months then 3 are paid for this year nd there is none prepaid?? i know there usually prepaid but thought thats cas its usually y/e 2011?

??????:(:(

how could it be an expense prepaid when it was y/e 31-3-2010

wer doin june so surely u just write off 9months then 3 are paid for this year nd there is none prepaid?? i know there usually prepaid but thought thats cas its usually y/e 2011?

Good point. . .in that case, 2 possibilities. . .

1. Cancel 1,500 of the expenses due,and the double-entry is P+L. No months required, as there will be nothing left over

2. It was a misprint. . .no roundness to the expenses cancelled would suggest this as a possibility. . .

As a trick or mistake, the marks for it will be low anyway, so don't worry yourself about it. . .

ye k, thanks

Advertisement