Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goth Scene in Cork

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,437 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Milly33 wrote: »
    Well if you have got them before then you should be sorted just get the same size again. Or if not, i would think perhaps go half a size bigger or well they are prob like the docs too where you need to loosen them out a bit before they are reall comfy..Sure just ask them, or take a trip up there

I never got New Rock Boots before. The biker boots I have are different brand. I'm kinda concerned also about the comfort as I am one of these people who can't wear Docs without being left crippled (I really wanted the ones with the roses!)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Ahh I see, well I would think they are fairly hard to ware or get used to wearing...Oh we could have a shoe collection together I got the ones with the red roses I love them...They do take quiet a bit though to break in I have me thinks 4 pairs of the docs now and I wear them around the house for about a month before i would go long distance in them, break them in...I hope u find some biker ones that suit..Ill keep and eye out

• Registered Users Posts: 30,437 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Milly33 wrote: »
    Ahh I see, well I would think they are fairly hard to ware or get used to wearing...Oh we could have a shoe collection together I got the ones with the red roses I love them...They do take quiet a bit though to break in I have me thinks 4 pairs of the docs now and I wear them around the house for about a month before i would go long distance in them, break them in...I hope u find some biker ones that suit..Ill keep and eye out

Thanks very much. Btw jealous about your docs!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

Has the scene improved much?

www.darkangels.net

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

CptSternn wrote: »
    Has the scene improved much?

www.darkangels.net

No, you will have plenty of scene kids sometimes pretending to be Goth again. But these are the same kids that were emo when 15 and are hipster now. No more Punk, but you get punk rock, which in reality is punk lite. No more goth which obviously got traded for emo, hippies there are still a few about thank fcuk, but they are generally the protesty types who can't get a clear message across.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

No, you will have plenty of scene kids sometimes pretending to be Goth again. But these are the same kids that were emo when 15 and are hipster now. No more Punk, but you get punk rock, which in reality is punk lite. No more goth which obviously got traded for emo, hippies there are still a few about thank fcuk, but they are generally the protesty types who can't get a clear message across.

And this is why I stopped going to Paul Street all those years ago.

I could never keep up! :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭iliketeaandcake

brian1991 wrote: »
    I've never seen goths in the Quad. Although I guess it is gothic architecture... looks pretty epic at night.

By the Quad I think the other poster was referring to the recently defunct Quad bar on Tuckey St not the Quad in UCC! Unfortunately that bar is now closed down and it was over 21's anyway.
    Best of luck with the search, they are a rare breed!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭TheChief36

I think they all descended to the night realm to join their dark master in the mass event of 2006.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Yeah its scene kids now mostly.

Goth is still used as a generic term though by knackers.

Last time I hung out in Paul street/peace park there were Moshers,Rawkr Punk,scene kids,Scobes ,emo and Skater/skater punk.

Theres still bits of everythin around from Punk to goth as well but they are in the few,the prevailing alternative fashions types now are Skater,Scene and Indie.(But thats in general)

Advertisement