Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old blankets etc.

• 15-06-2011 3:42pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've just read on the DSPCA website that they don't take in old blankets or duvets. Does anyone know of any animal shelter that does?
    I can't get Dogs Trust on the phone to ask them.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭suziwalsh

Dogs Trust, Dogs Aid, Ashton pound all take in blankets etc and are always delighted with any donations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 297 ✭✭MaryK666

Hi Hermy,I know a lot of shelters won't take duvets as they're difficult to clean and are heavy when wet/soiled. Blankets on the other hand can be cut into managable sized bedding for animals so I have no idea why they didn't want them.There's a pet rescue charity called Last Hope animal charity who are always looking for bedding/food/toys etc and I'm sure that they'd be delighted to get them. I've sent you a PM with a contact phone No. or you can find them online. Their website is www.lasthope.ie

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Thanks Suzie. I couldn't get Dogs Trust on the phone and I don't want to be turning up at someones premises with unwanted stuff.

EDIT: Dogs Aid website says the don't take duvets or pillows cause the dogs shred them and eat the stuffing.:D

EDIT2: Thanks Mary - I'll give them a call.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 77 ✭✭micheleabc

Drogheda Animal Rescue. They will do a charity sale next Saturday. www.dar.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

Please see my post above re urgent plea...

• Advertisement
Advertisement