Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Split ends?

Options
  • 15-06-2011 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Is there a way of getting rid of split ends without getting a haircut? Or am I looking a miracle? :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭abrr1000

this gets rid of split ends. I just saw this today - coincidence or a conspiracy :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

The only way I've heard of getting rid of split ends is to cut them!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

OP-your looking for a miracle!! The only way to rid yourself of split ends is regular haircuts. The product in abrr1000's link seems to be an overpriced haircut. The JOICO product they use has silicone in it, so your hair would appear to have no split ends, but all its really doing is sealing them down temporarily. As soon as you stop using the shampoo(or can't afford it €100 eek!!) the split ends will reappear.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭abrr1000

http://www.luxemag.org/hair/hot-scissors.html

shinikins - i'm sure the product will of course wash out and is a temporary solution. Hot scissors is the thing that treats the split ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

Having read your link, (which is very badly written/translated) abrr1000, I still remain sceptical. They claim that the hot scissors treatment seals the end of the hair shaft by melting it-hair doesn't melt like plastic! Heat damages hair, and even if you take that out of the equation, they still recommend you have several sessions-exactly the same thing as a regular haircut! Sets my BS alarm ringing to be honest

IMO the best thing you could do is have your hair trimmed regularly and lay off the heated appliances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭LinF

I agree with shinikins. I got all my fried & split ends cut then after every hair wash when my hair was damp I rubbed my ends with Pro-naturals Moroccan argan oil. My hair is short so I only need 2-3 drops max for my entire head. I still use it today applied before blow drying or heat styling. It has definitely kept my hair in good condition and I do not suffer from any split ends or heat damage at all as the argan oil is a very good heat protectant. This does not make your hair greasy just very shiny and smooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Closing this thread as it's over 5 years old.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement