Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changed broadband package, still on Static IP?

• 15-06-2011 3:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭

I upgraded to a business package from my provider about a year ago as I wanted more stability for gaming. Got a static IP address and a 1mb upload.
    I called them this morning to switch back to a home user package with the same download speed, 512k upload and dynamic IPs.

I thought id have to reset my router for dynamic addressing but now I notice that Im getting the reduced upload but am still connected with the Static IP.

Is it possible they've changed me over but left me with the static ip connection? :confused: I hope so, as it was the only way I could get my PS3 on NAT type 2 and working properly online!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Agricola wrote: »
    I upgraded to a business package from my provider about a year ago as I wanted more stability for gaming. Got a static IP address and a 1mb upload.
    I called them this morning to switch back to a home user package with the same download speed, 512k upload and dynamic IPs.

I thought id have to reset my router for dynamic addressing but now I notice that Im getting the reduced upload but am still connected with the Static IP.

Is it possible they've changed me over but left me with the static ip connection? :confused: I hope so, as it was the only way I could get my PS3 on NAT type 2 and working properly online!

Its certainly possible. Your Static IP wouldn't be considered part of the bundle package, and therefore probably wasn't seen to when you switched. Generally, ISP's charge a little bit extra per month for that though, so double-check your next bill when you get it. What provider are you with?

Advertisement