If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you have any equipment which timer records the radio?

Options
  • 15-06-2011 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

I like to record radio programmes and listen to them when it suits me. I rarely sit down and listen to a programme from start to finish so podcasting doesn't really suit.

I started off with a simple microsystem which used audio tapes for this purpose. They have the huge advantage of being able to stop in the middle of playing it back and listen again later from that point on.

About two years ago I got a JVC UX DM 9 DB which is a great machine. It operates like a DVD recorder which allows me to set the timer in advance for up to three programmes. It has a hard drive and usb drives.

Do you have anything which provides this timer record facility?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi BrendanBurgess

I'm afraid the one on only Philips hifi system with a tape deck, The FWM154, whilst able to record radio onto tape doesnt have the means or ability to timer record:(

Here's the spec if you'd like to check it out
    http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/f/fwm154_05/fwm154_05_pss_eng.pdf

This system sells at €139.99 but can be yours for €125.99 at the moment

Maybe the Richer guys may have a solution for you.

atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭BrendanBurgess

Thanks Ashley

Just in case I was unclear. I don't need it to record to tape - it can record to a hard drive or USB. But the timer record bit is essential.

Brendan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Brendan

Ahh OK, still no joy i'm afraid from Philips side of things.
    I've asked the RSB Guys as well and they are struggling to come up with a solution for you as well:o

If any of us can come up with a solution we'll let you know.

atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭chalky024

Hi Brendan,

An old HiFi VHS recorder should be able to do this for you if you connect a tuner to the Phono inputs that most of them had. Or for that matter a DVD recorder would, I imagine, do the same thing. You obviously won't be recording any picture but it will still record the audio. You would of course need to have the tuner switched to the station you want to record in advance. Not ideal but it might do the job for you.

Chalky

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭intro

If you have a humax satellite recorder you can schedule and record rte1,2, lyric and RnaG as well as a huge number of uk radio stations.There is a 7 day guide as well! Not sure if this is availabe on sky+ or UPC. I'm sure John would have no problem selling you one!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭BrendanBurgess

Thanks

At the moment, I record through three different methods
    1) an old Sony microsystem with a tape deck.
    2) a JVC microsystem which I bought two years ago
    3) A dvd recorder for BBC Radio 4 Extra.

I can usually access podcasts afterwards if I miss the programme.

It's the simplicity and flexibility of the JVC system which I like and would like to replace the Sony system with.

Brendan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Brendan.

I wouldn't have a system which would specifically timer record a radio station directly.

As Intro stated (cheers) the Humax foxsat PVR will get the radio stations via satellite. it will record directly onto it's own hard-drive.

The function of this unit requires a TV to navigate, so it's not an optimum solution but it's the product that we would have at present.

Sorry.

Regards

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.