Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birmingham/West Midlands

• 15-06-2011 4:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭

Been living over here with a few months now so just looking to make contact with other ex-pats so feel free to post. cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭gabria

What are you working at and whereabouts dyu live? I'm a pharmacist from Clare living in the leafy southwest but not sure if I'm gonna be staying on after July. Shame really cos its so cheap here

• Registered Users Posts: 8 lazarus998

Hey Partyguinness

just the man/woman i need to talk to.

I am planning on emigrating to the uk, specifically Birmingham area.

Have you any advice/FYI's you can share?

I'd appreciate any help you can give

All the best

Laz

Hi Laz,

I can help you too you know, I'm not leaving here just yet.

What specifically do you want to know?

Personally, to have a good time in Birmingham, get a place in or around.....

MOSELEY !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 jconnon

Been living over here with a few months now so just looking to make contact with other ex-pats so feel free to post. cheers.

is there many irish in birmingham,whats it like.im looking to move to uk but dont know where

There's a well established Irish community in Birmingham. Digbeth is the Irish quarter, the pubs are usually packed with Irish that have lived in England for a decade or more
    From what I'm aware there are not many young Irish though, like myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 lazarus998

Guys thanks for the info and sorry for the delay in replying ...things mental at this end.

I have postponed the move for a few months to get funds together but will be in contact closer to the time.

BUT, the main reason i write is to wish you in Birmingham, London etc all the best in these rotten times. It is my sincerest hope and wish that those maggots on the loose over there haven't had an adverse impact on you and that you are all well.

From what I can see this is nothing like the "maggies farm"/brixton riots of the 80's....they seem to be a bunch of rats looking for a cheap way to get a plasma screen and mug injured individuals......scumbags on and all

all the best

R

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nogoodnamesleft

I am already living in the south west of the Uk at the moment however I have secured a new job beginning in a few months with an engineering company in the Midlands near to Birmingham which I will be taking.

Does anyone know where would be the best area to live (i dont mind having to commute 20-30mins as I have a car), Irish community, GAA clubs, decent bars that sort of thing?

Advertisement