Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can executors force sale of assets?

Options
  • 15-06-2011 4:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Can an executor of a will force a sale of a house without the beneficiaries consent? Is there any legal recourse for beneficiaries to prevent executors from taking bellow market value? In addition to these questions, when there are dual executors and one is a silent executor can they cause stop the active developers decision?
    My Godmother is the active executor of my grandmothers estate, where my mother and her sisters are beneficiaries. The other beneficiaries do not want the assets sold yet as my Grandmother has only recently died. Can the executor force the sale of assets without the beneficaries consent? Do the beneficiaries have any legal recourse to prevent the rushed sale? In addition to that, the beneficiaries want to have an option of the estate agent used in regards to the sale, when it does occur, do the beneficiaries have the legal standing to do this?
    Thank you for all help and advice.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,235 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

As per site wide rules, there can be no legal advice allowed. Consult a properly qualified solicitor.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement