Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

scan query for 13 weeks

Options
  • 15-06-2011 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭

Hi,

as some of you know i have been to the early pregnancy assessment unit due to some pains and i had an 8 week scan which showed everything was good. I am now 9 weeks and 5 days and received a letter for an unltrsound scan on 8th july when i will be 13 weeks and another appt for 13th of july to see the doctor. i know the first scan is not usually til the 17th week. im delighted but now im thinking there is something wrong and they didnt tell me. i think im being irrational and the reason i got it early was because of the pains.

any ones views greatly appreciated! my sister in law is getting her 17th week scan 2 weeks after me!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Winnie

I got a few more scans early on in my pregnancy because I had a scare at 7 weeks, for me they just did this to make sure everthing was ticking along, I am now 39 weeks. They could just be airing on the side of caution. Be glad you are getting to see little baba a bit earlier!

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

Winnie wrote: »
    I got a few more scans early on in my pregnancy because I had a scare at 7 weeks, for me they just did this to make sure everthing was ticking along, I am now 39 weeks. They could just be airing on the side of caution. Be glad you are getting to see little baba a bit earlier!

Thats great thanks! i think my irrational brain is on today. you must be so excited. any day now! :) hope the birth goes well for you and everything is great. thanks for the reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Winnie

cheers, i am in on Friday for c-section! Only 2 more days! Wish you all the best with your little peanut..

Winnie wrote: »
    cheers, i am in on Friday for c-section! Only 2 more days! Wish you all the best with your little peanut..

oh thats brilliant ya know when he/she is coming! sending you lots of luck and thanks again!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭GoerGirl

Try to relax and enjoy it - they would be obliged to disclose any concerns they may have prior to the scan appointment.

I have a history of loss and was scanned between 12-14 weeks as a result

hope that helps!

• Advertisement

GoerGirl wrote: »
    Try to relax and enjoy it - they would be obliged to disclose any concerns they may have prior to the scan appointment.

I have a history of loss and was scanned between 12-14 weeks as a result

hope that helps!

yeh it does. thanks. im just gona think myself as lucky now that i get to see it earlier than usual. even tho i know they have to tell you if there is concerns sometimes my brain runs away with me!!

Thanks a mill:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Somekindanut

I am 30 weeks pregnant with my first at the minute. I was scanned on first visit at 12 weeks. Fairly standard now and nothing to worry about. Enjoy and good luck!

Advertisement