Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much to charge?

• 15-06-2011 4:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    My local village has a grocery store, hardware store, chemist etc.

The hardware store and chemist has been done up, externally and internally.
    The owner phoned me asking could I take some photos (we haven't met to discuss the details yet). I'd imagine it'll be a few external & internal pictures.

I've no idea what to charge; I've read previous posts saying 'don't do it on the cheap just cos you know them/it's your neighbour/local business etc.'
    But what is a fair amount; I've no idea.
    I guess it depends on what the want the photos for and where they'll be used.
    Any advice is welcome.
    Thanks,
    Patrick.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Give yourself a set price/hour and then charge depending on the hours of shooting & Hours of post, and base it off that, also take into account depreciation of gear, and costs such as petrol & rentals if any.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

If this is a one off for you then have you considered a Barter? If the store provides you with goods then you both win. You get paid and they save the cash. Work out how much time it will take to do the job, so maybe an hour to shoot and a couple in PP. Multiply that by what you think your time is worth. Add on any expenses. Have that amount put on a slate behind the counter or take it in groceries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

what you charge depends on your ability.

Check out what they want the images for - is it for a website, brochure leaflet.

Usage .... they more than likely want rights to reproduce the images in any way they like so you must consider that in your price.

create a price thats fair and allows you to make a bit of profit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭pearljamfan

im doing the same on monday for a shop near me, im getting paid a wedding dress so i can do a trash the dress shoot. im happy with that.

Advertisement